Advice on where to find european class 1 work please

Hello, ive got 5yrs experience and a class 1 licence, ive driven a class 2 truck to valencia spain and enjoyed driving on the continent so much id love to get a full time job driving from uk to eu countries but really struggling finding work, i understand nowdays most eu driving isnt done by uk based companies but is there anyone who still sends uk lorries abroad? im based in west sussex but if its for long distance work i dont mind going further than i would for a day job. any names of haulage companies i could try or any advice what so ever will be much appreciated, thanks

Gordon Gilders.

ralph davies

green456:
ralph davies

I beg to differ m8 if anyone is lookin for euro work Ralph ain’t the one to ring.

Thetaff:

green456:
ralph davies

I beg to differ m8 if anyone is lookin for euro work Ralph ain’t the one to ring.

Maybe he meant Davies Turner? :wink:

Not many left on euro work in sussex but depending on where you are these are all within an hour or so from you.

Cranleigh freight services, Dunsfold aerodrome - air freight to most of europe

A.E. Baldry, Lingfield - Do some euro fridge work

Davies International, Fareham - Euro fridge work but I believe they doing some uk work at moment.

Fraser Freight, Portsmouth - Euro Dry freight work, Were doing a lot of italy.

Freight Transport, Portsmouth - Mostly france and a lot of wine collections for import

Alan Knight, Liphook - Euro Fridge work

Norman Marshall, Ewhurst - Class 2 work repatriating crash damaged cars, They get all over europe.

Can’t think of any more in the area off hand but I;m sure they are all worth a call.

Cheers
Neilf

Cheers
Neilf

Poland.

I hope this helps.

Coffeeholic:
Poland.

I hope this helps.

And this is actualy not a joke, even if coffe meant it as a joke.

If you consider that option seriously, I might try to help you in my free time.

I already met some Britons driving Polish trucks and they were happy with it.

orys:

Coffeeholic:
Poland.

I hope this helps.

And this is actualy not a joke, even if coffe meant it as a joke.

If you consider that option seriously, I might try to help you in my free time.

I already met some Britons driving Polish trucks and they were happy with it.

I didn’t mean it as a joke, It was serious advice.

neilf:
Norman Marshall, Ewhurst - Class 2 work repatriating crash damaged cars, They get all over europe.

Speaking of Norman Marshall who was the poster who used to post his diarys of his work there?

I’ll take your Poland and raise you Ireland!

What you need is a time machine, push the button to go back 20yrs and you’ll be sorted :open_mouth: :wink:

Ben9:

neilf:

Speaking of Norman Marshall who was the poster who used to post his diarys of his work there?

Monk or someone, always interesting and loads of fun with his quizzes

Gordon gilder do hanging meat don’t they?, i have heard that a trailer loaded with hanging meat be it beef /lamb or pork will handle very differently than a trailer loaded with pallets of automotive parts ect would?
some time ago i had a look inside one of those meat trailers with the rails fitted to it’s roof, and i could not help but wonder how someone who was a ( Short arse) was supposed to reach the securing/locking lugs on the rails to stop the load sliding back & forth, is there some sort of tool that is used to lock unlock these?
Also what are Gordon gilders like to work for ?

Wheel Nut:

Ben9:

neilf:

Monk or someone, always interesting and loads of fun with his quizzes

Mad monk

jessicas dad:
Mad monk

Rasputin. Next question. :wink: :stuck_out_tongue:

tommy t:
Gordon gilder do hanging meat don’t they?, i have heard that a trailer loaded with hanging meat be it beef /lamb or pork will handle very differently than a trailer loaded with pallets of automotive parts ect would?
some time ago i had a look inside one of those meat trailers with the rails fitted to it’s roof, and i could not help but wonder how someone who was a ( Short arse) was supposed to reach the securing/locking lugs on the rails to stop the load sliding back & forth, is there some sort of tool that is used to lock unlock these?
Also what are Gordon gilders like to work for ?

Yes they do handle very differently but they are not as bad as everybody thinks. You’ve got to be about 6ft 2 to reach them by hand so yes you need a stick, bar, hook. Generally just something you find that’ll do the job.

R & M George were looking for someone to double Man one of their pair of 11 Plate R730’s from Caithness to Spain.