Wondering if anyone can point me in a direction

Hi guys

Just wondering if any of you guys can point me in a direction of some European work not really interested in big firms

Looking for maybe fridge work for uk Dutch Belgian or Scandinavian companies smaller the better taking on English drivers

I live close to immingham port and humberside airport so travel is ok and also can park truck and a trailer in secure yard if company may require

I’m just bored of being stuck in uk and can’t really see my firm going back over the water my Mrs says I’m grumpy on uk stuff lol

Just poking about see if there is anyone or anything about cheers guys

The Eastern European firms now dominate European work, I would have thought that you would know that fact was obvious by the amount of EE lorries on UK roads.
If you speak Romanian or Polish, maybe 50 euros a day for 15 hour day, you do the maths on how much an hour .
They are everywhere doing the Balearic Islands, Sicily, Cyprus, Turkey and Scandinavia for peanuts.

I´ve sent you pm

Beers mate I’ll work my way through them in the am

Not that far from you are Brian Yeardleys at Featherstone, Europa and European Logistics (used to be Ribeys then ERF) in Hull.
They all do European work.

Aren’t they Eurovison now Simon, or have they changed their name yet again?

robinhood_1984:
Aren’t they Eurovison now Simon, or have they changed their name yet again?

D’oh, that’s it, Eurovision. I see at least one of their wagons every week. My head still calls them Riby’s :smiley:

Simon:
D’oh, that’s it, Eurovision. I see at least one of their wagons every week. My head still calls them Riby’s :smiley:

I know what you mean, I think most people in the area still refer to them as Riby’s as well.

I’m not sure about their current operations. I’ve always known them as a mainly Italy company although when I had mates there in the mid 2000s when they were called ERFL they were also doing a bit of Spain and occasional trips to Poland, Slovenia and Croatia. Later they merged with a company called Blakey Transport that did UK only work, primarily the Nisa distribution work out of Scunthorpe and that seemed to constitute more and more of the work. What began as filler work after an Italy trip, often turned in to weeks of UK work with the occasional Italy trip etc.
Any ideas how things are there now?

Not really.
There’s usually a couple on the Zeeby boat when I go that way.
Dominic Yeardley runs it now, I don’t know how long he has been though.

He’s been there several years by this point. I don’t remember exactly but his takeover of the firm may have been when it was re-branded as Eurovision, they also changed yards at about the same time, though I’m not sure where the new one is in Hull.