I apprached once I got my Licence - General Haulage -
Good Large Modern Fleet - Pay o/k - Nights out,
or should I get some experience with agencies
and have the opportunity to work for different
companies.
I am still over the moon at passing class1 but
want to make the right decision.
I still read all the postings on the site and
would sincerely like to hear your thoughts.

Well done for passing mate!

If you have been offered a full time Job take it! :open_mouth: it will give you a chance to learn the ropes while you keep the same truck! if you was on agency you may find yourself in lots of trucks with all sorts of gear arrangments.

A full time job will allow you to meet the guys on the job get to know them and ask advice!

well done david. if i were you id take the full time job, you have nothing to lose and if it doesnt work out you could then try agency work. a lot of drivers new to class one have difficulty getting foot in the door so to speak. good luck whichever route you choose. jon

David14:
I am still over the moon at passing class1

As you should be. The British LGV C+E driving test is the most difficult driving test in the World

Personally, I would go with the offer of a permanent job.

Vince

Vince:

David14:
I am still over the moon at passing class1

As you should be. The British LGV C+E driving test is the most difficult driving test in the World

I think it’s well easy and I failed it the first time. Work that one out :smiley:

well done on your pass nice one. :smiley: :slight_smile:
As for the job take it,
I passed my test last october and have done the rounds with agencys since. You dont get a chance to settle,you work week to week not knowing when the job finishes if you will be paid, then you don`t get paid right, and you spend your day chasing yor bum, :open_mouth: :blush:
I would give my back teeth for a regular job,you know where you are you know who to go to if your pay is wrong.you get job security and told when you do a good job. :slight_smile: :laughing:
In short yes you get varied experiance on agency books but no peach of mind no chance to get to know the ropes, and you are always chasing for next weeks work. :open_mouth: :cry: :cry:
Give the job a crack you will find agency work faster than steady wages and plenty of advice from the the old hands on the job. :stuck_out_tongue: :sunglasses: :laughing: :slight_smile: :smiley:
take the job and enjoy. :wink: :laughing:

Well done for passing hun

I’m split down the middle, i’ve been doing agency work since i passed nearly two years ago, i enjoy agency work because of the variety of work and vehicles… yeah ok you sometimes get the ■■■■ wagons and runs and sometimes you get the really nice runs and wagons. I’ve been working in the same place now for three months, top volvo i-shift and it’s pretty much ongoing.
yeah it’s sweet to have the job security and the guaranteed income but if you work hard enough you’ll be fine on the agencies.

At the end of the day it’s your decision.

Tiggz

I recently started my first class 1 job (6weeks ago) and I have settled in very well, I tried agencies before taking a full-time job, and I struggled. Every day is like your first day at work, you have to learn the job, the truck, the gears, etc etc, when you need to be concentrating on learning to drive an artic. So if I was you I would go for a permanent job, and you will soon feel comfortable in your work.

Paul

I’d take the full time job, you should become part of the team and are able to ask for advice without being looked upon as an annoying agency driver.

well done on passing .just 3 word’s for you

take the job :laughing: