advice need

i was involved in an accident in my car got hit in the rear whilst at a roundabout and the insurance company have got a company called helphire to arrange repairs and give me a hire car but i got a vehicle repair finance agreement form though and my car wont be repaired untill this for is signed . anyone with any thoughts ■■?

kingy II:
i was involved in an accident in my car got hit in the rear whilst at a roundabout and the insurance company have got a company called helphire to arrange repairs and give me a hire car but i got a vehicle repair finance agreement form though and my car wont be repaired untill this for is signed . anyone with any thoughts ■■?

Helphire normally only get involved in helping non-fault accidents and they want you to sign this form just incase you are found to be at fault, its so they can chase you for the repair and hire costs… If somebody run into the back of you then id say uve nothing to worry about by signing it…

kingy II:

Are you sure that your insurance company arranged this?

The reason I ask is because I was in a similar situation a couple of years back and it was the repairer that got helphire involved as they get a kick back for doing this.

When I contacted my insurance directly to question this they sorted me a car out as well as the repair and they advised me against signed anything or going with helphire?

As said before helphire are for no blame accidents but is for any reason you are found at fault you will be liable for all of the hire car costs which will be considerable.

My advice is speak to your insurer again before signing anything :slight_smile:

if u was smacked up the arse make sure u get a whiplash claim in and have your moneys worth :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

I used helphire last year when a Police car reversed into me :laughing: There was no problem with them other than the initial contact, filling in forms and telling them all about the accident over the phone.
Once everything was settled, i never heard from them again, so iwould not worry about useing them, i had no problems.

cliffton 27:
if u was smacked up the arse make sure u get a whiplash claim in and have your moneys worth :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

And then people wonder why insurance premiums are so high. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

m4arky said “My advice is speak to your insurer again before signing anything”.

That is sound advice. I would suggest that you take it. You have nothing to lose by doing so.

Coffeeholic:

cliffton 27:

And then people wonder why insurance premiums are so high. :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

Exactly

switchlogic:

Coffeeholic:

cliffton 27:

Exactly

I’d doubt it. For all the people i know with insurance i seldom hear of a claim. I favour the idea that premiums have gone up because the insurances companies are owned by Banks who have just taking a caning and need to get some revenue back. The notion thats its claims putting up our premiums is quaint, but doesn’t really stack up. The declared profits by the insurers bears this out.

Coffeeholic:

cliffton 27:

insurance is high due to a number of things 1 the recent winters we have been having have pushed premiums up 2 false claims 3 uninsured drivers and so and so on the way i see it is your paying for all of the above so if ur unlucky enough to be involved in a bump n u can put a claim in y not do it id think of it as having rebate after years of paying through the nose to a bunch of robbing ■■■■■ that every year they try it on just to try and squeeze a few more quid out of you but hey this is just my opinion