Advice for route too glossop please

i’m loading machinery, tomorrow morning, that i’ve gotta take too brookfield ind estate, peakdale road, glossop.

just had a look on google maps, and found it ok.

my prob is, i really don’t know, looking at it, whats gonna be the best route in.
any locals on here, like too help?

i’ll be in an artic, with a 4.2m high trailer.

thanks for any help.

sorry, should have put, be starting at southend, in essex.

i gather you will be coming up the m1, if so i think you come off at jct 35a and get on the A616 then A628 which takes you straight over woodhead, its a good drive with some nice scenery but watch them average speed cameras! :angry:

that was the way i looked at on the map, but in 15 years, never ever, been that route :open_mouth: and was just unsure, if it was ok for artics or not.
its certainly alot shorter, than the other routes i was looking at.
thanks for your help.

no worries, plenty of arctics go over there, i used to go over there to manchester rather than bore myself silly on the m62 :slight_smile:

Should be pretty straightforward using Woodhead, as Thebutty said watch out for the Cameras when you come off the M1, also when you start dropping down round the Reservoirs watch out theres some tight bends that can have you off if your not on the ball.
If your thinking of going into Glossop on the A57 turning left at the Gun Inn lights, pull out into the right lane & take a wide sweep, it’s a bit tight is that turn.
Run out of Glossop myself, just round the corner from where your loading from. If you see an FH with a blue Ejector Trailer on the back, giz a flash.

thanks for your help peeps, appreciate that.

it will make a nice change too take a scenic route, and the beauty is its a light load too.
i’ll keep an eye on the reservoirs and average cameras.
if i see ya, i’ll give ya a wave, should be up, early afternoon traffic permitting.

if you see a white super space cab, blue curtainsider, stuck at the gun lights, thats me :open_mouth:

chilistrucker:

it will make a nice change too take a scenic route, and the beauty is its a light load too.
if i see ya, i’ll give ya a wave, should be up, early afternoon traffic permitting.

if you see a white super space cab, blue curtainsider, stuck at the gun lights, thats me :open_mouth:

what he said about the gun in and down to the bottom of the road min ■■■■■ turn right next ■■■■■ right again

does the company begin with b by any chance ■■?

gonzothejaffa1:

chilistrucker:

what he said about the gun in and down to the bottom of the road min ■■■■■ turn right next ■■■■■ right again

not sure, i’ll find out later.
run got cancelled today, as 1 of our night guys bashed my lorry last night, so its having new airtanks fitted today.
so i may be taking it tomorrow,subject too change, which is probably guarenteed at our place.

does the company begin with b by any chance ■■?