Wakefield to Buxton please?

Best way in artic please in morning.

Thanks for advice on Middlesbrough,got it Sussed for future,carried on further down A19,clocked the Navigation pub and Cannon Park!!

As you know new to artic,got caught out again by trailer rear lift axle,no kerbs or anything,just raises automatically,used other trailer and managed to lock the axle down,this one not responding but thought might as well just get used to it,just a pain when it’s unexpected??

Thanks

What height are you? And what time you leaving / arriving?

I’d probably go M1(s) to the A619 (j30), then across, avoid Sheffield, but if really early, then Tinsley (j34) and down.

Since you’re new, J30 is your best bet

14’5" high,leaving Wakefield half eightish?

Frogz:
14’5" high,leaving Wakefield half eightish?

AM? - yep, am, just noticed you said in the morning lol

You’ll hit traffic all the way, but it’s a decent route (other than Chesterfield which is a dive - but you can see the crooked tower)

Sound thanks,j30 it is then,it is a nice run actually done in rigid few times.

In Chesterfield this morning! Is that spire intentionally twisted? My great Nan was from there,met some good lads from there years ago in magalluf,football crew boys apparently!

As above really…

J30 on A619, A6020, A6… And be glad it’s not snowing!

Watch out for the crazy tipper drivers on the narrow bits.

Sorted thank you,buenas noches

Frogz:
In Chesterfield this morning! Is that spire intentionally twisted?

Rumour has it that a Virgin got wed at St Mary’s Church once and the tower twisted round to have a look at that rare phenomenon. However it got stuck like that alas, happen if another one turns up it might straighten up again? :confused:

Pete.

True Windrush. Then there are people that will try to tell you it was the use of unseasoned wood and as it weathered, it distorted.
Don’t believe it!

de Tony

You’ve done it now ,but j 29 is better ,at junction 30 you’ve got to go past staveley school then get down the A61 it all takes too long .

windrush:

Frogz:
In Chesterfield this morning! Is that spire intentionally twisted?

Rumour has it that a Virgin got wed at St Mary’s Church once and the tower twisted round to have a look at that rare phenomenon. However it got stuck like that alas, happen if another one turns up it might straighten up again? :confused:

Pete.

That ain’t never gonna happen now !

There’s no Virgins Left !
They’re all 13 year old single parents on benefits with a council house.

Real men would have gone via Winnatts Pass.

Ken.

Frogz:
In Chesterfield this morning! Is that spire intentionally twisted? My great Nan was from there,met some good lads from there years ago in magalluf,football crew boys apparently!

Boringly, it’s twisted because they built it on the cheap, using unseasoned wood. There is a legend that it will straighten up if an honest lawyer ever walks past:)

Santa:

Frogz:

Boringly, it’s twisted because they built it on the cheap, using unseasoned wood. There is a legend that it will straighten up if an honest lawyer ever walks past:)

That ain’t never gonna happen either !
They’re all Crookier than the Crooks they stand for !

Think your right Dan,j29…

Which is Winnetts pass Ken?

Frogz:
Think your right Dan,j29…

Which is Winnetts pass Ken?

Winnats pass - past Blue John Cavern, really sharp bend on a hill, amazing on a bike, amazing when following my mates yanky v8 with straight through pipes, crap in a truck.

Not a bad road, used it a lot at rush hour to avoid traffic, but not the obvious route you’d advise someone :wink: