ADR licence. Is it worth me getting?

The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road Regulations/ADR requires drivers of vehicles carrying dangerous goods as defined by the Act to attend a training course at a Department for Transport Accredited Training Centre and pass the appropriate Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) examinations examination for the class of goods they are carrying. Once they have achieved this they will be issued with an ADR Certificate by the DVLA in Swansea. The certificate is valid for a period of 5 years and covers both national and international operations.

All our regular scheduled courses are of 5 days duration usually commencing on a Monday. They cover all the modules and classes except explosives and radioactives. The multiple-choice examinations are held at the end of the course. Candidates can select the combination of modules and classes they require from the list below bearing in mind the minimum number of modules and classes they must take to obtain an ADR licence.

I’m hoping some of the more senior drivers can give me there points of view on whether or not it would be worth me getting my ADR licence in regards to maybe increased wages, job satisfaction etc■■?..

Any views would be appreciated…

discussed on here - try this
trucknetuk.com/phpBB2/viewtopic. … hlight=adr

S1ckening.Vendetta:

The Carriage of Dangerous Goods by Road Regulations/ADR requires drivers of vehicles carrying dangerous goods as defined by the Act to attend a training course at a Department for Transport Accredited Training Centre and pass the appropriate Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) examinations examination for the class of goods they are carrying. Once they have achieved this they will be issued with an ADR Certificate by the DVLA in Swansea. The certificate is valid for a period of 5 years and covers both national and international operations.

All our regular scheduled courses are of 5 days duration usually commencing on a Monday. They cover all the modules and classes except explosives and radioactives. The multiple-choice examinations are held at the end of the course. Candidates can select the combination of modules and classes they require from the list below bearing in mind the minimum number of modules and classes they must take to obtain an ADR licence.

That looks like it’s from a training provider’s course prospectus. It’s quite correct though.

S1ckening.Vendetta:
I’m hoping some of the more senior drivers can give me there points of view on whether or not it would be worth me getting my ADR licence in regards to maybe increased wages, job satisfaction etc■■?..

Any views would be appreciated…

Hi, S1ckening.Vendetta, ROG has given you an excellent pointer there. I’d agree, and also suggest that you have a careful read through that thread. I couldn’t improve on my own comments that I posted. I’d say that if you don’t want to do the tanker part, you don’t have to. That would take 1.5 days off the course and it would be significantly cheaper for you. If you have any questions that you feel aren’t covered, please just ask…