ADR courses anyone?

Hi all,
New to this forum, been in Canada for a couple of years, just got my national cpc out of the way, want to get my ADR packages & tankers under my belt, can somebody recommend a decent course, I’ve been looking on the internet, but I just want a bit of the old reassurance, i’m not wanting to subscribe to some scam, so if anyone can give me a decent recommendation as I want to get this course done asap.
Don’t mind where it is, although prefer east midlands for travelling, but beggars can’t be choosers, so please just point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

woody

Canada? Do tell… Were you driving trucks over there?

Perhaps try deisel dave , he knows loads of adr stuff . Oh & welcome :smiley:

Woody,i use Friendberry Ltd,they organise the accomodation for all the courses,by staying in B&B`s in the local area.
The ADR course runs in a hotel,in Wiveliscombe,Somerset,or sometimes in Monksilver village hall.
Friendberry Ltd
Stogumber
Taunton
Somerset
TA4 3TP.
Telephone 01984 656 310,fax 01984 656 667.
friendberry.co.uk
info@friendberry.co.uk
They offer the DCPC,and many other courses,and have competitive prices.
It is a very scenic part of the world,and you can have a good laugh with lads and lasses on the course,it is cider country of course,and pleny of pubs for an evening meal or head to Minehead or Taunton for some nightlife.

Toby, much appreciated, just looked up the site, looks pretty much what I need, & happens to be in the area where I want to relocate the family too. two birds one stone me thinks!

Bill is the insructor,or Matt is the newbie down there,the hotel offer nice tea and coffee for break times,it is £2 in a the kitty cup for all of us,you will need some caffeine to stay awake,or the co-op has the red bull or coca colas,there is a few hot pie and cornish style pasty shops in the village,to keep the energy levels up,i would stay in the hotel,as that is where they do most of their courses,the dcpc is about £60,or wait till they have special offers on e-bay tinter web site.

Gregory transport are looking for store delivery drivers in Cullumpton,up.the road,apply on their website,good firm to work for,driver friendly,also there is a pet food transport firm in Devon,think it is Vittal with yellow liveried trucks,both are family owned firms,and Westfield in Truro go all over the UK.

It would be easier for TN member to recomend suitable training providers, if we knew the area of the UK where the OP was

woody 63:
Hi all,
New to this forum, been in Canada for a couple of years, just got my national cpc out of the way, want to get my ADR packages & tankers under my belt, can somebody recommend a decent course, I’ve been looking on the internet, but I just want a bit of the old reassurance, i’m not wanting to subscribe to some scam, so if anyone can give me a decent recommendation as I want to get this course done asap.
Don’t mind where it is, although prefer east midlands for travelling, but beggars can’t be choosers, so please just point me in the right direction.

Many thanks

woody

Hi woody,

Ordinarily, I’d agree with the point that peirre made about a lack of loction being problematic in offering you some approved ADR providers in your area, but…

I saw that you’ve had a recommendation of Friendberry, and I’ll happily agree with what’s been said about them in this topic so far.

I also saw that you said “asap,” so please watch for a PM. :wink:

At least you now have a choice. :grimacing:

Just wanted to say thanks to everybody for putting me in the right direction, & inviting me on board, much appreicated,

Woody