ad blue con

Has anyone had probs with ad blue.I own a volvo 97000 miles troudle from new just small things ,last year they had tank off cleaned out ect under waranty.This week now out of waranty ,truck 2 years 10 month old nox kit required £750 inc fitting I think it is total rip off

I got a brand new lorry last week, Merc Actros its only done 4500 kms and it broke down yesterday, loosing power and engine management light flashing on and off… Turned out to be a blocked defuser, something to do with adblue, Not a good start…

The more complex they get, the more they break down. So annoying when it’s something small that disables the wagon. You don’t mind if it blows up at least your scuppered for something decent.

i drive a 58 plate renault at the moment, had it from new and at te begining of last year the whole ad-blu system had to be replaced…roll on november when i get my next new truck

a 58 plate xf on our fleet had the ad blue defuser done the ad blue seems to set and block it, and the 59 plate merc actros mega space not a year old yet has been recovered three times due to electrical faults.

fuse:
Has anyone had probs with ad blue.I own a volvo 97000 miles troudle from new just small things ,last year they had tank off cleaned out ect under waranty.This week now out of waranty ,truck 2 years 10 month old nox kit required £750 inc fitting I think it is total rip off

Assuming you expect a nox kit to last and its not something you can abuse or break, you should of asked Volvo to replace it for you…
whatconsumer.co.uk/eu-directive-sale-of-goods/

Kind of Volvo to extend their 12 month ‘Warranty’ for a further 12 months !!

I’d be looking at this…
consumerdirect.gov.uk/after_ … n-writing/

Faster than you can say “consumer direct”!!! :smiley:

Im the same, got new Volvo last Feb and the amount of Niggly little things that have went wrong is a tad annoying. Just yesterday I was in Volvo - Coalville getting my night heater sorted and the Central Locking button fixed on drivers door that opens pass door. Then enroute home last night WARNING light comes on dash to say AdBlue Problem - Go To Workshop. When looking in Diagnostic menu it says something about the pipe being blocked, so off it will go today/tomorrow to get sorted.

:bulb: For anybody with an interest in avoiding Ad-Blue related breakdowns, there’s an interesting article about the correct storage and use of it on pages 36 & 37 of this week’s Commercial Motor.

It seems that a fair number of breakdowns are avoidable by using some quite basic precautions.

Thank you all for the info,the final bill for this job was £880 inc vat, volvo are going to look at the job and I hope they will give me some money back but I WILL NOT HOLD MY BREATH …THANKS AGAIN

My dad’s not allowed to fill up with Ad-Blue because he hasn’t been ‘trained’. Only one person in the yard has had the training and one night he was off, there were 5 standing units in the yard all running low, so he had to wait for one to get back before he could go out on his run :unamused:

We have two daf cf tippers at our place that are in the dealers all the time with varoius ad blue problems, the gaffer is so mad about it now he’s cancalled orders with DAF for new trucks, only buying MAN’s and scanias with egr engines.