Poor quality adblue - Reduced torque

Hi
Just had this message pop up on my truck
“Poor quality adblue, torque reduction in 8 hours”
I’m assuming this means after 8 hours of driving and not real time?
Just parked up for a 9 hour break, then got a 5 hour drive home.
Crack on or call it in??
It’s a Renault btw

IIRC one of the women drivers on this forum had one of the first of the new Renaults in the UK and it was filled with what turned out to be a duff batch of AdBlue from a well-known truck filling station (not her fault), and the truck suffered terrible damage as a result…it may even have had to go back to the factory?

I’d call it in, and let someone else take the drop if you are told to crack on and the truck’s brain gets scrambled as a result.

Cheers, I spoke to the hire co they said 5 hour drive is fine just bring it in tomorrow

It’s a Reno, with Volvo running gear, First check both of the Nox sensors for water in the plugs… Second the two lambda nox sensors in the exhaust system, or a build up of unburned adblue, thats crystalised in the exhaust. Fitters will clear codes first then send you back out, to no doubt come back later with same fault.

biggriffin:
It’s a Reno, with Volvo running gear, First check both of the Nox sensors for water in the plugs… Second the two lambda nox sensors in the exhaust system, or a build up of unburned adblue, thats crystalised in the exhaust. Fitters will clear codes first then send you back out, to no doubt come back later with same fault.

Cheers mate. It’s a spot hire so I won’t see it again after tonight, but yes they will keep clearing them codes I’m sure

Had a T Range cheers me up with something similar.

Turned out the pump and nozzle were shot. Probably because people think you can pee in the tank and top it up with water?

Another bit of tech that makes my life a nightmare ,there is a sensor in the ad blue tank that can measure and tell the quality of the ad blue ,Poor ad blue will not be covered by warranty ,there is a possibility that you have a faulty sensor ,or as previously mentioned a faulty nox sensor ,which when the system first came out caught me out ,as I cleaned out the tank and put in fresh ad blue ,at that time the manufacturers didn’t know a faulty nox sensor could have that effect lol

GasGas:
IIRC one of the women drivers on this forum had one of the first of the new Renaults in the UK and it was filled with what turned out to be a duff batch of AdBlue from a well-known truck filling station (not her fault), and the truck suffered terrible damage as a result…it may even have had to go back to the factory?

I’d call it in, and let someone else take the drop if you are told to crack on and the truck’s brain gets scrambled as a result.

Crikey… You’ve got a good memory…

Sent from my COL-L29 using Tapatalk

norb:
Another bit of tech that makes my life a nightmare ,there is a sensor in the ad blue tank that can measure and tell the quality of the ad blue ,Poor ad blue will not be covered by warranty ,there is a possibility that you have a faulty sensor ,or as previously mentioned a faulty nox sensor ,which when the system first came out caught me out ,as I cleaned out the tank and put in fresh ad blue ,at that time the manufacturers didn’t know a faulty sensor could have that effect lol

Manufacturer Boeing aircraft corporation? :smiley: