Actros cruise

Merc Actros 1844, auto

How do you do ‘resume’ on the cruise stalk, cant get it to resume, have to reset it every time, theres got to be something im missing, pushing the button in just sets the limit…

Confused dot com. :question:

Have you tried a quick tap on the “+” to see what happens?

Momentarily push the lever away from the steering wheel to resume :sunglasses:

As Joe sez,push the right stalk away from you.

That’s strange.On mine you push the stalk away from you to switch it off.To resume I have to push mine downwards.To set the speed you lift the stalk up.Pulling it towards me engages the exhaust brake.

Push the stalk it turns off…
Pull it up it sets the speed at whatever you are doing
Towards you put retarder/exhaust brake on.
Push it down does FA
Tap button in sets limit.

Will try the quick flip up on Monday, but think ive already covered that option…
Just wanna make certain its faulty before I mention it… :wink:

Cruise sometimes has to reset itself, (for some reason). You can either keep going and try it later or pull over to a complete stop before pulling away again, which is what I normally do.

KW:
To resume I have to push mine downwards.

Which is away from the wheel, same as mine and ED’s

Coddy:
Push the stalk it turns off…
Pull it up it sets the speed at whatever you are doing
Towards you put retarder/exhaust brake on.
Push it down does FA
Tap button in sets limit.

Will try the quick flip up on Monday, but think ive already covered that option…
Just wanna make certain its faulty before I mention it… :wink:

A quick flip downwards should resume, holding it down engages CC if its not already on, if its already on, flipping it down reduces the set speed by .5kph per flip, sounds like the contact in the switchgear could be duff if non of this works.

Pulling it up towards the wheel sets it, when set I can adjust up and down as you say…

Its an 08 with 160ks, so it ‘should’ be OK, methinks there is a duff contact somewhere…

Got this wagon all next week, then its onto my new job, on a 52 plate mixer :blush:

Agency are spoiling me before I go, just want a trip to scotch a a night out in the Merc to keep me happy :grimacing: