Cruise control

Anyone got any clue how i work the cruise control on a 1823 mercedes atego iv tried reading the manual ut cant make head or tail of it…

Would be much appreciated as my right foot starting to ache going up nd down the a12/a14

Cheers

Dont think its got one TBH, i drove one for a day sometime last year and that didnt have one. :question: If it did…grrrr Leg ache!

Usually the Merc one is on the right hand stalk you hold up briefly. If that don’t work, then I spose it hasn’t got cruise.

Use a brick. :laughing:

Cruise control !! … luxury … when I were a lad :wink:

I struggled with it on an axor, so assuming it the same…

Twist to ON, press button till the little clock (c c indicator) is displayed on dash, limit should display on first press then CC, move stalk up/down to select speed. to resume push stalk away from you briefly.

I think in all honesty, and with the amount of traffic on the roads today, they are a complete waste of time. In a lot of instances they can be very dangerous, and the only way i use mine is to increase the revs to build up the air pressure more quickly. Of course if your using blowing equipment, then they are ideal to increase the revs.l
In the olden days …lol…lol…we used a piece of wood wedged between the accelerator, and underneath the dashboard…but there wasnt so much traffic way back then…ha ha …makes me seem old just talking about it…

1823 mercedes atego cruise control:

1. Drive to desired speed, let us say for example 51.9 mph (83kmh) which is the speed I cruise at on dual carriageways.

2. Once you have reached your desired cruise speed, push and briefly hold the Right stalk TOWARDS you to select and set it. The speed should then appear on the instrument panel display in kmh along with the universally recognised crise control sign.

3. The vehicle will hold this set speed until either: a. the exhaust or service brake is applied (The exhaust brake is applied on merc atego by pushing the this same right stalk down), OR… b. you manually deactivate the cruise by pushing the Right stalk UP.

4. In order to Adjust the set speed while you are cruising it’s the Right stalk again. Push it TOWARDS you to INCREASE the speed in 0.5kmh increments. AWAY from you to DECRESE the speed in 0.5kmh increments. Set speed will change as indicated on the display, but note it only shows the change after two pushes (1kmh)

5. NB - cruise control WILL NOT WORK if the exhaust brake is already on, make sure it is off before you begin. (No orange light in display)

Hope this helps - I currently drive an Axor 1823, and have always found the cruise on mercs to be one of the most helpful things. It is impressively accurate.

pull the right stalk towards you for instant cc SET SPEED

push the stalk up to store that speed MEMORY

then push it away from you to resume the set speed RESUME

truckyboy:
I think in all honesty, and with the amount of traffic on the roads today, they are a complete waste of time. In a lot of instances they can be very dangerous, and the only way i use mine is to increase the revs to build up the air pressure more quickly. Of course if your using blowing equipment, then they are ideal to increase the revs.l
In the olden days …lol…lol…we used a piece of wood wedged between the accelerator, and underneath the dashboard…but there wasnt so much traffic way back then…ha ha …makes me seem old just talking about it…

Cruise control a waste of time and dangerous? Eh? Don’t think so. Set cruise at 50/52 and chill out. Most of traffic comes past and you aren’t sitting on anyones bumper. Plus you gain fuel economy.

limeyphil:
Use a brick. :laughing:

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: