Across the water

im currently driving 4 a company hauling foodstuffs in tankers and have been told we are going across the water now and havin drove for 17yrs never been myself.holland,france ,belguim and germany will mainly be the destinations and would like some imfo on rules and regs for these trips and toll imfo and weekend truck ban imfo.would be very grateful guys for any help…dont wanna look a ■■■■ when out there lol…thanks jon. :blush:

No problem , please have a look through the stickys posted at the top of the euro forum also when you kknow where you are going just post and people will answer your questions that you may have, also have a look through the forum at peoples dairys those who have been writeing about there trips again lots of info in these as well,if doing
Europe the road charges and how they are collected(payed) do you have DKV fuel card or another have you got a book showing where the card is excepted your boss or TM should get this off the fuel card firm, right i will end now have a read and then post your questions,

One thing to be wary of is the ban, really. Carrying foodstuffs can be funny as there are countries that will nail you for carrying frozen juice on a Sunday but will allow you to run with cream dregs after tipping. It depends on the firm you are with. If it is H&S ( I see you are in Essex) then they are responsible people and will help you out. If it is Trans**** then you need to be very careful.

Tolls will have changed since I left, but the firm will help you out anyway as it is their problem. Just go for it and enjoy…

bobthedog:
One thing to be wary of is the ban, really. Carrying foodstuffs can be funny as there are countries that will nail you for carrying frozen juice on a Sunday but will allow you to run with cream dregs after tipping. It depends on the firm you are with. If it is H&S ( I see you are in Essex) then they are responsible people and will help you out. If it is Trans**** then you need to be very careful.

Tolls will have changed since I left, but the firm will help you out anyway as it is their problem. Just go for it and enjoy…

From a previous posting Bob it appears to be Charlies lads :wink:

yes wheelnut your correct well sort of ,i work for the other two brothers lol just as bad but they pay my bills.doing alot of benelux work now but as u probably know dont and wont do it properly ,just wanna have a clear idea when i go out there m8!!

OK, well you probably won’t be doing dairy on there.

General rule of thumb is that fresh foodstuffs are legal on bans but frozen are not. Animal feed is not a foodstuff but you will rarely get checked anyway. If you carry some blank CMRs you can always make out a dodgy one, although I don’t say you should.

Most of it is the same on foodstuffs in Europe. The washes are similar in general, and you will probably spend lots of time in Gent.

One thing, SCOPA is not recognised in Europe. If you are ever loaded with schweinefett then get the tank washed out well and don’t let it get put in your book.

also have a look through the forum at peoples dairys

:laughing:

bobthedog:
OK, well you probably won’t be doing dairy on there.

General rule of thumb is that fresh foodstuffs are legal on bans but frozen are not. Animal feed is not a foodstuff but you will rarely get checked anyway. If you carry some blank CMRs you can always make out a dodgy one, although I don’t say you should.

Most of it is the same on foodstuffs in Europe. The washes are similar in general, and you will probably spend lots of time in Gent.

One thing, SCOPA is not recognised in Europe. If you are ever loaded with schweinefett then get the tank washed out well and don’t let it get put in your book.

Not teaching you how to chew scrambled egg Bob, but things have changed a lot, most customers now specify the previous loads to check compatibility, they specify wash procedure, they specify the place and the driver has no longer any say in this.

The days of loading on top, (even with same product) the days of drivers having to check the tanks are clean & dry are gone, especially with sterile.

Washbay operators seal the lids and valves on the bay. When you arrive at the customer, the hygiene certificates are checked and then one copy goes with the load.

I am guessing this will be glucose, oil and chocolate work.

Haulmaster, PM me, if you get stuck as some of this info is sensitive :wink:

thanks lads but i know rules on tanks been on abbey for 13yrs really need imfo on driving on continent and the road laws etc ,only ever been to france ,belguim tractor only to get derv so never actually done haulage side over water??

you already know everything necessary for puddle jumping

if in doubt ask
and if you dont understand
ask again :laughing:

and remember to drive on the left when you get home

Keep an eye on your lid seals too. Mind you at least with liquid these (zb) will have to swim.

In a way I am glad they have changed it a bit. A few years ago it was dodgy sometimes. The previous load was always specified on the wash cert but was not always… erm… entirely accurate.

If they have cracked down then it seems to be a great advance…

Is the little man with the odd moustache still in Abbey washbay? I went in about 2 weeks before Rooney went to Utd and there were pictures of jim all over the wall, then I went in the day that Rooney moved…

Pics were all gone and the washman was in tears…