A90 Average Speed Cameras

Just read that the A90 between Dundee and Stonehaven will be getting average speed cameras installed soon.

stv.tv/news/tayside/1384233-ave … ch-of-a90/

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

damoq:
Just read that the A90 between Dundee and Stonehaven will be getting average speed cameras installed soon.

stv.tv/news/tayside/1384233-ave … ch-of-a90/

Transport minister Humza Yousaf said on Tuesday: "Installing average speed cameras on the A90 will make the road safer for everyone travelling along the route.sounds Scottish doesn’t He ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :grimacing:

I use that road regularly,its a cashcow .Safety has nowt to do with it.

Infidels

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

alamcculloch:
I use that road regularly,its a cashcow .Safety has nowt to do with it.

That’s my thoughts too. I’ve been traveling this road nearly every day for the past year and can only recall seeing 1 serious accident in this time. And I put that one down to someone not taking their time driving in heavy fog. It’s not a road I associate with a lot of crashes

just another money raising stream since scotland going to be leaving the union :laughing: :laughing:

Just looking at the crash map for the road
crashmap.co.uk/Search
shows 55 fatal or serious on that road for the past 5 years. 24 of which involved a goods vehicle (i’m guessing that means hgv) so would bringing down the speed of cars closer to that of lorries not be a good thing? - I often think speed difference is the big danger. Av speed cameras will have nearly no affect for wagons

Bluey Circles:
Just looking at the crash map for the road
crashmap.co.uk/Search
shows 55 fatal or serious on that road for the past 5 years. 24 of which involved a goods vehicle (i’m guessing that means hgv) so would bringing down the speed of cars closer to that of lorries not be a good thing? - I often think speed difference is the big danger. Av speed cameras will have nearly no affect for wagons

most of the accidents will be at places where traffic has too cross the dual carriage way with the crossing vehicle mis judging the speed and gap of the traffic.
the a90 is not a dangerous road it’s the people who use it that have no patience that are dangerous and no amount of average speed cameras will fix that