A9 / A90 average speed cameras

What’s the craic with these?
I drove up today past these cameras plodding along at 50 and everyone is flying past me, should I keep it pinned at 50 on the way down tomorrow or am I good for flat to the mat?

I too have run up this road this very day to Inverness and wondered the very same. I plodded along at 82k

I always sit on the limiter but you’ve to watch for camera vans, especially around Dundee. Never been done, regularly do Inverness and Aberdeen

Flat to mat on both but watch your speed in dundee 40 / 30 mph limits camera van hot spots and also laurenckirk 50mph stretch camera van can be there

If im up that way dunblane to perth flat out and perth to inverness 85kph since there a bit keen north of perth.The A90 not been up that way for a while so cant really say what there like up there now.

Thing with average speed cameras, they can’t (as yet) differentiate between class of vehicle - so in Scotland as we know, HGV’s are still pegged at 40 on single carriageways (pain in the ■■■). But the camera won’t know you’re an HGV - it just reads your plate and then times that between two set points.

If I recall, the cameras don’t cover the few dualled sections of that road either as with the central reservation, the permitted max is 70mph.

I feel for the locals mind - in the quiet hours you could properly fly along there…

I spotted a camera van in Dundee albeit it was on the opposite side as I crawled up the hill before the left turn, the pratnav was bleeping to warn me long before I saw it. Luke must’ve been one of those who rocketed past me while I was doing 81 :laughing:

peirre:
I spotted a camera van in Dundee albeit it was on the opposite side as I crawled up the hill before the left turn, the pratnav was bleeping to warn me long before I saw it. Luke must’ve been one of those who rocketed past me while I was doing 81 :laughing:

Must have been like one of those comedy slowmo action scenes… :grimacing:

Yep flat out, even on the single from Perth to Inverness with no bother at all

Just to add as well that the cameras north of Berwick on the A1 have also been upped, limits still 40 but they dont go off running just over 50 either

I ran back down through them today at around 83-85

Hgvs for you old school guys in Scotland are only allowed 40 mph on S.Cs. with the exception of the A9 where we can do 50mph average if we are good. I had 3 brownie points near Killiekrankie for going a wee bit fast on a downhill stretch at about 4 A.M. ,so take care oot there.

alamcculloch:
Hgvs for you old school guys in Scotland are only allowed 40 mph on S.Cs. with the exception of the A9 where we can do 50mph average if we are good. I had 3 brownie points near Killiekrankie for going a wee bit fast on a downhill stretch at about 4 A.M. ,so take care oot there.

That must have been the old fixed camera not the average ones, i do 56 from Inverness to Perth and havent heard a thing since they put them up

The speed limit for HGVs on the A9 is now 50 for both single and duel carriageways.

The Scottish government agreed to lift the 40mph limit on single carriageway stretches.

THIS ONLY APPLIES TO THE A9!!!

If you want to go over that then fill your boots but bare in mind your up ■■■■ creek should you have a fight with another vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Where have you been hiding, its been 50 on the single for a few years now up there