M90 Average Speed Cameras

Hey,

Do people know something about these average speed cameras that I don’t? I’ve lost track of the amount of vehicles that shoot past me, well above the 40mph limit. I still can’t figure out what people are thinking that race between the individual cameras, but slow down to the speed limit when going past them. Or, is my understanding of average speed cameras wrong?

Also, on my travels today, came up behind a car dithering along. Nothing unusual with that, but she was driving along with both side mirrors folded in.

I was completely dumbfounded. A lot of things on the road you can explain away, but how do you explain that.

Has anyone else come across similar stupidity?

That is all for now. :slight_smile:

deancross4c:
Hey,

Do people know something about these average speed cameras that I don’t? I’ve lost track of the amount of vehicles that shoot past me, well above the 40mph limit. I still can’t figure out what people are thinking that race between the individual cameras, but slow down to the speed limit when going past them. Or, is my understanding of average speed cameras wrong?

I still see that sometimes between average speed cameras, I don’t understand it either.

deancross4c:
Also, on my travels today, came up behind a car dithering along. Nothing unusual with that, but she was driving along with both side mirrors folded in.

I was completely dumbfounded. A lot of things on the road you can explain away, but how do you explain that.

Some cars these days have mirrors that automatically fold in when parked, perhaps they were broke and wouldn’t open out again

deancross4c:
Has anyone else come across similar stupidity?

I no longer notice stupidity on the roads, I tend to recognise it as the norm.

I must be getting either cynical or realistic, not sure which :confused: :wink:

They,re not switched on, Dunfermline junction doesn’t even have a camera on the off slip road. But the Police are using unmarked cars too catch you.

depends how many of them you go through. i go through one between my house and my mates. i slow to 40 then speed up when i pass it. its a flipping joke tbh nothing is every being done.

bedgar047:
They,re not switched on, Dunfermline junction doesn’t even have a camera on the off slip road. But the Police are using unmarked cars too catch you.

Not according to this.
viewtopic.php?f=2&t=76769

bedgar047:

Believe me they are switched on.
We have 11 trucks driving to and from Edinburgh every day. 6 of the drivers now have multiple speeding tickets from the “Not switched on” cameras.
Heading south there is only 1 camera before the Halbeath exit that is the only reason you can not get " averaged" if you take that exit. That is also the reason on that stretch they are using unmarked cars. When heading South look at the top of the slip road you will see the unmarked cars parked up.
It only adds an extra 5 minutes to the journey time ffs

Well, I’m quite happy to sit at 40mph. I’d rather not risk the driving license. It amazes me that others are willing to risk it for getting five minutes ahead.

I thought about the car having electrically folding mirrors. I would have thought that they would have extended automatically once the car was moving.