A9 Dunkeld

Sentence on the tanker driver was passed today, 7 year ban and 3 1/2 years jail.

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t … l-20325552

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t … l-19785899

In this article it suggests that the tanker driver was carrying two teenage passengers who were witnesses, but they are not mentioned in any of the other stories, this seems strange as you would have thought that they must have sustained some sort of injuries

Heard on local radio of a smash involving three trucks at 5.30 this morning.One driver reported dead.
Road to be closed for a long time.

Oh dear.

RIP to the deceased driver

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t … l-12065624

R.I.P. mate.

Road expected to be closed till midnight.No local diversions for heavies.Ours are diverting via Fort William as the Aberdeen side is badly affected by snow.

R.I.P Driver and our thoughts go out to his family. :frowning:

Ita about as bad as it gets, 2 days before christmas :cry:

A sad day in deed my thoughts go to the family

Sending symphaties from Sweden. Just one (or two) days before christmas and one family that will not have their dad coming home at all. :frowning: My thoughts goes to his family and relatives, R.I.P driver.

Very sad news indeed. My thoughts go out to the drivers family

Not nice reading things like this especially this time of year,very sad. :frowning:

Thoughts go out to the McKay Of Montrose driver and his family at this sad time . :cry:

How many lives need to be lost on this road before serious action is taken by the Scottish government ?
This road should be dual carriageway all the way . Disgrace of a road !
Read a stat today that the section between Perth and Inverness claims one life a month …thats a horrendous stat !

i personaly dont think that its the road,but some of the idiots that drive it,not confirmed yet but i heard overtaking cars caused it,but i think if you get caught speeding on the notorious road,then it should be the same punishment for all,i got done at 116 mph got a yrs ban an £500 fine,yet a raf kinloss emolyee gets caught at 111 mph on a wet night an gets a 4 month ban an a £300 fine,wheres the justice.and i should say,it was a clear dry night with little traffic when i got caught.

bobbert_bear:
i personaly dont think that its the road,but some of the idiots that drive it,not confirmed yet but i heard overtaking cars caused it,but i think if you get caught speeding on the notorious road,then it should be the same punishment for all,i got done at 116 mph got a yrs ban an £500 fine,yet a raf kinloss emolyee gets caught at 111 mph on a wet night an gets a 4 month ban an a £300 fine,wheres the justice.and i should say,it was a clear dry night with little traffic when i got caught.

Was that a cry for sympathy then? You must be one of the idiots yourself :unamused:

not at all,my yrs up,an yes i admit to being an idiot,shouldnt have done it an paid the price,but i think it should be the same punishment for all

pete-b:

bobbert_bear:

Was that a cry for sympathy then? You must be one of the idiots yourself :unamused:

Hand on heart then Pete, no bull; what’s the fastest you’ve travelled on an open public road (in the UK) then?

the maoster:

pete-b:

bobbert_bear:

Hand on heart then Pete, no bull; what’s the fasted you’ve travelled on an open public road (in the UK) then?

Does it really matter? Some poor guy aint going home tonight

Whilst I appreciate that someone died and without wanting to deflect away from a terrible tragedy and a waste of a human life, might I respectfully suggest that yes, it does matter. You call a man an idiot on a public forum for travelling at an illegal speed, and then decline to provide an answer to a simple question.

bobbert_bear:

Lots of reasons why that would not work, EG, driving record, number of years driving, income, different road types where the offence was commited etc etc - Would be just as injust to categorise one offence under the same heading.