Keep clear of the A9 today

bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-t … l-18292170

:frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Very sad news this morning,I hope that the whole road becomes dual carriageway soon.

very unlikely to get duelled while they are building a giant train set in edinburgh,

very sad news though, especially since its a few hundred yards from where another driver died last year.

That’s 3 drivers killed this week in Scotland (thats been reported )
Shocking news , just ordinary drivers going out in the morning to Earn a few quid for there family’s :frowning:

One would have been a wee dinky 7.5.

Know that area well and it’s not great but not bad either.

Someone tired or on the phone perhaps?

Sad day for all :frowning:

And boy, what a diversion.

Silver truck would have been Carntyne transport out of Glasgow doing the whisky run.

R.I.P. boys :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

RIP drivers

stagedriver:

had one of my lads stuck since 8 this morning, just told him to park up for day and make way home in the morning,

stagedriver:

One was Carntyne`s the other i think was John Menzies

Just a guess but i bet the A9 is the worst road in the uk for traffic deaths especially lorries. The amount of lorry collisions is incredible!

Tragic :cry: :cry:

Its about time there was some investment on the main truck roads in Scotland. Get some of the oil money the SNP claim where sitting on spent on it. There plenty of money for a pointless tram system!!

Would like to see drivers anywhere near London do a 120 mile round trip due to a closed road. There would be national uproar and plans for a road built the following week!

ajt:

Its about time there was some investment on the main truck roads in Scotland. Get some of the oil money the SNP claim where sitting on spent on it. There plenty of money for a pointless tram system!!

Would like to see drivers anywhere near London do a 120 mile round trip due to a closed road. There would be national uproar and plans for a road built the following week!

Why introduce politics on the back of the tragic death of two drivers? Accidents happen not because of the roads, but because someone has made a mistake. It may not be either of these drivers’ fault, until the investigation has been completed it is impossible to say who is to blame.

‘there but for the grace of God go I’.

Rest in peace guys.

There plenty of money for a pointless tram system!!

No there isn’t, it was Labour that got us into the tram mess, the SNP tried to cancel it but it was still going to cost millions to cancel. The A9 dual ling is going ahead but not due to be completed till 2020, after today’s tragedy there are calls to speed it up.

Both drivers from the Glasgow area and in their 30’s. RIP

I have been using the A9 for more than 40 years as a cyclist and driving lorries and buses along it. There have been piecemeal improvements but the road is not fit for purpose as it stands.We need a dual at least up to Inverness as can be seen from the suggested alternatives its just not viable going via Aberdeen another bottleneck or down the Great Glen to Fort William.There was a post on here asking the way from Alloa to Inverness and we all told the guy the A9 was the only way to get the job done.

uncle fester:

ajt:

Why introduce politics on the back of the tragic death of two drivers? Accidents happen not because of the roads, but because someone has made a mistake. It may not be either of these drivers’ fault, until the investigation has been completed it is impossible to say who is to blame.

‘there but for the grace of God go I’.

Rest in peace guys.

Of course the road didn’t cause the accident. It is most likely to be a mistake or a lapse in concentration from one of the drivers involved. We all agree that any road should have at the very least 100% of our attention all of the time. But we all have our little moments behind the wheel. 99.9% of the time, you’ll get away with it on a motorway or dual carriageway. The A9 however is a different kettle of fish as today and all previous fatalities have proved. This needs politics involved to stop this regular occurrence from happening on this road. Its not suitable for the ammount and type of traffic it carries every day and needs upgrading urgently. If this was a workplace where people kept getting killed in accidents, H&S would shut the place down or demand changes are made as a matter of urgency. What makes roads any different. Its sad to think that people are allowed to die on this road so frequently, and not much has been done to stop it. :cry:
RIP Drivers.

RIP guys another sad day in our industry

Another horrendous accident on the glorified goat tracks that pass for Scottish main roads, my thoughts go out to the drivers families, RIP lads.
There is no such thing as a decent bit of road up here. Too far away from Westminster !

It may not be down to driver error, maybe it was a mechanical failure, or a deer ran out in front of one of them, natural instinct to try and avoid it. Either way, a very bad week for all the families involved. May the drivers rest in peace. :cry:

Came down through there about 45 mins before this happened last night, the wife hates me trunking up and down the A9 every night, how many more lives have to be lost before the politicians give the funds to make this road dual carriageway, A.S.A.P, R.I.P to both drivers , my sympathies to the families :cry: :cry: