Keep clear of the A9 today

Such carnage and another two young lives lost. R.I.P
Unfortunately, they won’t be the last fatalities on this road in 2012.
It’s a worn out old sayng but, “Better late than never”.
You lot be careful out there.

RIP to both those boys, this is very sad. :cry:

I really really hate driving the A9 after Perth. I stick to the limit on SCs and it takes me forever to get to Inverness what with being inhibited to 40 and trying to be safe for other road users by pulling in every 15-20 minutes or so. I know that may seem “too kind” but I honestly feel I need to do it to let the folk desperate to get by me past (both cars and lorries I must add)… before they snap and decide to pull a move which might be their (and someone else oncoming’s) last…

The number of suicidal overtaking moves I’ve seen whenever I’m on a single carriageway sends shivers down my spine. I really hope to God the day never comes when someone gets killed as a result of me being forced to hold everyone up at a snail’s pace. :neutral_face:

This road needs to be dualled ALREADY, and in the meantime, the SC speed limit re-evaluated by ACTUAL DRIVING EXPERTS, not EU bureaucrats

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
What cookieeees says

Am another who sits at 40mph on SC (9 points!!!) and try to pull in as much as possible due to the nutters who wont/cant wait who will do stupid overtakes !

Petition to dual A9 can be signed here, dualthea9.com/

Fergi:

Signed!

Signed ,

2017 is the PLANNED start date for full duel carriage way , I wonder many life’s will be lost till the start it never mind the finish date ■■

2027 is the supposed finish date.

Signed! This road is a joke for the volume of traffic on it.

damoq:

Fergi:

Signed!

Done

Done. Use it alot on leave to visit family, death trap. However drivers don’t help matters suicide overtakes, people seems to forget that all road user are allowed to use the road!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

signed. RIP to all who have lost their lives on the road…

Fergi:

Nice 1 pal. :sunglasses:

Signed

must be 1 death a week between Perth and inverness?

kemperink:
must be 1 death a week between Perth and inverness?

Not quite, 71 deaths in last 10 years.

Yet another 2 lives lost on the A9 today. A van driver and his passenger killed in a crash with a mini bus. :cry:

COOKiEEES!!:
in the meantime, the SC speed limit re-evaluated by ACTUAL DRIVING EXPERTS, not EU bureaucrats

Speed limits are entirely a matter for Parliament in the UK - though they are a devolved matter in Scotland, as the Road Traffic Regulation Act 1984 (which is the legislation under which speed limits are imposed) is not included amongst the road transport matters reserved to Westminster in the Scotland Act 1988, schedule 5, paragraph E1.

The only EU competence over speed relates to speed limiters on commercial vehicles. This is where the de facto (in practice) 56mph (90km/h) speed limit comes from on motorways - the speed limiter doesn’t ordinarily allow you to go any faster. The de jure (according to law) speed limit for an LGV on a motorway is 60mph - but it’s only possible to reach that downhill.

Well its happened again. The road is closed between Perth and Auchterarder and there has been another fatal at Radia near Newtonmore and Kingussie.

That is so sad to hear. RIPÂ drivers.

The A9 was a joke today, and not because of the accident, It was the flipping roadworks at Dunkeld. an hour i was held up going north though i feel sorry for the folk going south stuck int he 8 mile tailback.

who puts roadworks on when theres a flaming festival happening that weekend on the only road basically to it :@

Please guys,

dualthea9.com/

Over 2000 signatures since dinner time.