A43 Container Truck Overturn

Was following this drawbar container truck on the A43 this afternoon when he got a rear offside blowout and lost it.

Pleased to say the driver was shaken but uninjured as the prime mover stayed upright. Stayed with him till the plod arrived, to which the first pc said, “I hate drawbars”.

Now that is an ACCIDENT - glad all are ok.

Looks from the position it ended up in that the driver tried to keep it to the left - was that the case or was he just lucky :question:

It started a few hundred yards back at 50mph. I didnt see the tyre go but saw the trailer start to sway and it got worse and worse, it pulled him to lane 2 then lifted as he tried to correct it. Driver said he was heavier in the trailer and fairly light at the front and by his own admission said he tried to slow and it didnt stop so tried to power out of it to no avail. It was the front offside tyre on the trailer.

Now im SCARED :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

That looks like E. Dunnetts from just from round the corner from me!!! :open_mouth: :open_mouth: If it is I’ve seen this outfit knocking about recently as he usually pulls for Marshall’s of Southowram, the block & paving manufacturer, and has had a couple of drawbars and possibly a couple of Merc units on for them for as long as I can remember so it was unusual to see him on the box job.
Glad the driver was ok though coz that could have been a real nasty ‘accident’ :astonished:
Regards
Dave Penn;

Thats scary :open_mouth: glad the drivers ok,a guy i know had one go over and it took him months to get back behind the wheel it shook him up big time,had to go out with someone first.

They are Ex Maritime I think, same as mine

he was lucky that coulda been a whole lot worse.

Hi Bug, Yea I’m sure it’s ex Maritime, if its Dunnetts motor he’s not been running it for too long 3/4 mths maybe. Dunnetts are a pretty small concern 4/5 motors but he has been around for quite a while and AFAIK all his stuff was on for Marshalls hence the maroon colours, all his motors are painted the same with the white lettering on the doors. Maybe with the downturn in the building trade he’s been looking for another income stream to keep the wolf from the door.

Keep an eye on your tyres mate you don’t want this happening to you do yer?
Stay safe mate
Regards
Dave Penn;

He was lucky the prime mover didn’t go over. I heard about that on the radio when I was coming back from London.

dunnets do a lot of freightliner in leeds and ive seen that vehicle in quite a bit.

bowserman:
Driver said he was heavier in the trailer and fairly light at the front

a classic case of the tail wagging the dog.
i did it once soon after starting on murfitts(heavier trailer than unit, not turned over) it was always loaded correctly after that trip :slight_smile:

Theyre not very nice when the trailer is heavier than the prime mover. Its not ilegal though is it providing axle weights are all ok?

Oi Bug, please tell me it wasn’t you in millbrook yesterday afternoon :blush:

some ■■■■ in an ex-maritime W+D pulled straight out of a parking bay without looking and very nearly took the front of my cab off, and if that wasn’t enough, he got halfway out, blocking the whole yard, then got out of the cab.

the last three letters of his ger was AGV, so, please tell me it wasn’t you :cry:

see for your self :open_mouth: :wink: :grimacing: :exclamation:

OOOoooohhhhhhhhh

Someones got some explaining to doo :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

:grimacing: :grimacing:

shuttlespanker:

some ■■■■ in an ex-maritime W+D pulled straight out of a parking bay without looking and very nearly took the front of my cab off, and if that wasn’t enough, he got halfway out, blocking the whole yard, then got out of the cab.

the last three letters of his ger was AGV, so, please tell me it wasn’t you :cry:

Yes mate my reg is AGV but it wasnt me are you sure it wasnt AGO he was in there, when I came out of my ■■■■■■■■■■■■ yesterday I was let out by a Maritime Scanny, and I never stopped and got out once id pulled out:?: :question: :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

bugcos:

shuttlespanker:

Yes mate my reg is AGV but it wasnt me are you sure it wasnt AGO he was in there, when I came out of my ■■■■■■■■■■■■ yesterday I was let out by a Maritime Scanny, and I never stopped and got out once id pulled out:?: :question: :question: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

WHAT WAS MY TRAINING COS,MIRROR SIGNAL MIRROR, MORE MIRROR ,LOL HEY SHUTTLE,HE LIKES A SPANKING, :stuck_out_tongue: :laughing:

Was this the dastardly culprit :question: :wink:

If it was then I could lend you this -

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sorry BUG - I could not resist :blush: :blush: :blush:

ROG:
Now that is an ACCIDENT - glad all are ok.

Really, what a quaint world it is ROG ■■ Surely, the driver DELIBERATLEY CHOSE to take an unstable vehicle combination onto the road. :unamused:
For 1 blowout to unsettle a vehicle so much would mean the driver DELIBERATELY CHOSE to travel at a speed unsuitable given his vehicle was ■■■ heavy ■■? :unamused:

Did you not say on another thread recently that there are no ACCIDENTS ■■? Can’t have both ways now can you ■■? :unamused: :unamused: :unamused:

I’m off back to the real world now, I’ll leave you in your perfect one. Now where DID I put those rose tinted glasses :grimacing: