A45 over turned container

Oops, hope everyone is ok.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reckon all those lights on the roof made it top heavy :slight_smile:

It’s a daft probably picked a wrong gear and landed like that

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I see NENE have taken over miraclegrows yard at Sutton Bridge. Brave move - big yard

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

Oh dear.

Mind I have to say regardless of the trailer or how it’s loaded if you have a feel for how heavy it is and how it’s handling then you shouldn’t be able to tip a truck over.

I’d you do its mostly likely cornering far too fast for the vehicle/load or raod conditions.

Just my opinion although if I ever make one have a lie down then I may change that statement but I don’t I tend to start now.

Is it a roundabout.?

P Stoff:
I see NENE have taken over miraclegrows yard at Sutton Bridge. Brave move - big yard

Sent from my SM-A600FN using Tapatalk

But if their parking em like that it’ll soon be full

O,k… I’m being dumb here, if that’s a roundabout how did the truck end up like that? Could someone explain the road layout.?

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

Cruise Control:
O,k… I’m being dumb here, if that’s a roundabout how did the truck end up like that? Could someone explain the road layout.?

Sent from my SM-T330 using Tapatalk

:laughing:

Seems that must be the only anti clockwise roundabout in the U.K.

That curved section of kerbing is on the outside of the roundabout. The central island is just out of shot (in the top picture, it would be just to the left of where the copper is standing). The firefighter is walking away from the roundabout in the direction of Wellingborough.
He has laid it down as he got to about the 10/11 o’clock position on the roundabout.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk

He’ll get A 45 in no problem.

Hopefully the driver changed his tacko to rest before deploying parachute.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roymondo:
That curved section of kerbing is on the outside of the roundabout. The central island is just out of shot (in the top picture, it would be just to the left of where the copper is standing). The firefighter is walking away from the roundabout in the direction of Wellingborough.
He has laid it down as he got to about the 10/11 o’clock position on the roundabout.

Don’t know that area, but does look like he’s gone the wrong way around, due to the curve of the road, looked on maps and I’m guessing by your description this is the A45 /A509 roundabout

simcor:
Oh dear.

Mind I have to say regardless of the trailer or how it’s loaded if you have a feel for how heavy it is and how it’s handling then you shouldn’t be able to tip a truck over.

I’d you do its mostly likely cornering far too fast for the vehicle/load or raod conditions.

Just my opinion although if I ever make one have a lie down then I may change that statement but I don’t I tend to start now.

Not necessarily, one of our drivers put a truck to sleep on a roundabout travelling at less than 10mph, the shrunk-wrapped pallets of pop shifted and slowly twisted the trailer over, dashcam evidence proved he wasn’t driving erratically or too fast for the road conditions, it just went over, end of.

the maoster:
He’ll get A 45 in no problem.

P45 in the post

I always wondered how you were supposed to change the bulbs in the top lamps.
Now I know
He made it look easy

Reef:

simcor:
Oh dear.

Not necessarily, one of our drivers put a truck to sleep on a roundabout travelling at less than 10mph, the shrunk-wrapped pallets of pop shifted and slowly twisted the trailer over, dashcam evidence proved he wasn’t driving erratically or too fast for the road conditions, it just went over, end of.

Yeah but that is probably an extreme rarity. Most topples are caused by driver error.

Reef:

simcor:
Oh dear.

I know there are rare occasions where the load and gravity make it otherwise. But I’d say 99% of the time rollovers are caused by driving too fast for the conditions or the load or road camber.

I find it amazing how many truck drivers at night will stick to their lane when there is a camber when they can straighten it out and avoid heavy steering input on adverse cambers.

Of course it does mean being extra vigiliiant with your mirrors when doing so and having a good picture of what is around or isn’t around you at the time.

When there isn’t the space to do it because of other vehicles then stick to your lane absolutely.

Grumpy Dad:

Roymondo:

Don’t know that area, but does look like he’s gone the wrong way around, due to the curve of the road, looked on maps and I’m guessing by your description this is the A45 /A509 roundabout

No, he was going the correct way around. He has left the A14 at Thrapston and driven on the A45 for 3 miles when he has arrived at the roundabout in question intending to take the third exit and continue on the A45 towards Wellingborough (first exit is the service station, second is Raunds). He has successfully entered the roundabout using a little bit of left hand down, then on transitioning to right lock prior to exiting the roundabout, things have gone a little awry. It’s actually the junction of the A45 and the B663 (the A45/A509 junction is at Wellingborough, several miles down the road).

If he’s come out of Felixstowe, where they have tipped over could have been the drivers first right hand turn taken at speed since exiting the dock?
Exiting felixstowe onto the A14 is a left hander, A14 M11 junction big left hander, the turn off at Huntington left, A14 A1 lots of road works so probably slow, exit A14 at Thrapston another left!

Roymondo:
No, he was going the correct way around. He has left the A14 at Thrapston and driven on the A45 for 3 miles when he has arrived at the roundabout in question intending to take the third exit and continue on the A45 towards Wellingborough (first exit is the service station, second is Raunds). He has successfully entered the roundabout using a little bit of left hand down, then on transitioning to right lock prior to exiting the roundabout, things have gone a little awry. It’s actually the junction of the A45 and the B663 (the A45/A509 junction is at Wellingborough, several miles down the road).

If it’s at the exit he was taking at that point ? he’s should be going from right lock to left.IE left on entry right to go round left to exit.Possibly held it on the right lock too long then braked to create some time to change direction for the exit game over because all the braking forces then transfer laterally.Creating the weird situation of a left side rollover on what should be a left handed turn.

On that note the pendulum effect needs to be dampened by pausing at the straight ahead position when changing directions in quick succession like at roundabouts.While braking at the same time as cornering can cause havoc to the stability of a high C of G vehicle and load.