A421 Bedford Overnight parking

On the Bedford by-pass section of the A421, overnight parking is not permitted in the lay-bys. Apparently, early the other morning, traffic wardens were ticketing trucks parked up for the night. I assume Central Beds Council traffic wardens. I was wondering if anyone has received a ticket because this road is a Highways England road, so local council traffic wardens would have no authority.

A couple of the laybys backing onto the housing estate do have overnight parking bans. Was it in one of these.

Yes, between the A6 and A603 junctions. The new A5-M1 link road is the same, no overnight parking in lay-bys.

Just came along there east bound and checked them all as I passed. Indeed the only one with a parking restriction is the first one eastbound directly after the A6. It’s been like that for a year or maybe more, the only thing that has changed are new signs; the old ones merely stated no overnight parking, the new ones have a sign of a lorry with 5t on it and say no parking between 9pm and 7am.

was u goin to Tescos at peterboro this mornin moaster bout 8.30 ?

largebloke1969:
was u goin to Tescos at peterboro this mornin moaster bout 8.30 ?

Yes mate. However there were three of us around the same time; me in a 64 plate Actros, another in an Axor and also a Daf 105. What were you in?

Maoster…think it was Donkey jacket and wellington boots…ha ha sorry couldnt resist…

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

was in this moaster, yep it was deffo u I seen

Sorry mate, didn’t see you.q I’ll keep my eye out in future though, the Bertie in the window will give it away. :smiley: