Urgent Help Please

My first night out after driving for 6 months, I’m going to Preston from Bedford, doing around 5 drops there and on my way back to Bedford, I have been told that I may not come back home with in my 10 h driving rule, now I’m expecting to sleep over somewhere on M6 anyone can advice where is good to stop, meaning good mean safe, there want be any load on the vehicle, scares the crap out of me :open_mouth:

Please help

Any idea as to the rough area on the M6 you are likely to be when you run out of time - it’s a long road !!

All depends on whether you can get your finger out, 4.5 hours each way max. I would be tempted to go Leicester / Stoke

I think, now I might be wrong but I don’t have location for my drops but what I could think of is that one of the guys done it with in 10 H so what I can understand I will gone pass Birmingham I will use M6 toll to make some time and not get stuck on road works and heavy traffic.

If that help

Not sure if you will have the time but how about the truckstop at J23 M1 ■■
Other members may know if it is a safe place to stop or not

M6s come off at J15 - A50 to M1 J24 - M1 to J22 - turn right off J22 and truckstop is half mile on right

Rog but J23 M1 its way up from J19 thats where M6 join M1, also can you advice about tacho is the disk type not digi I will start at 5am so do I remove it after 24h and put new one■■?

Wheel Nut I can get my finger out but I have to make 5 drops somewhere around Preston if I had 1 drop I will be back well in time :smiley:

malenki22:
Rog but J23 M1 its way up from J19 thats where M6 join M1, also can you advice about tacho is the disk type not digi I will start at 5am so do I remove it after 24h and put new one■■?

The A50 is the alternatine Dual carriageway route to get from the M6 to the M1 - many use this to avoid Brum and it gives them the option of many laybys - just in case.

what about the tacho■■? do you have any info for me■■? sorry to be a pain in the back side :smiley:

for the tacho mate, just remove it when you park up for the night.

to be honest i would use lymm on the m6 and just claim teh night out anyway?

where are your drops around preston? if you give us an idea of where they are then we might be able to help you get done quicker!

sorry mate I didn’t replay early, but as for your question have no idea where the drops are. Anyway now I’m going to work and maybe I will have a nice day out today.

will update how was it when I come back home.

Stafford lorry park in town centre is always ok & far better than Lymm or if using A50 try Uttoxeter town, or PJs at Sudbury or Salt Box at Hatton,all very good & safe. Failing that theres always Crewe lorry park with showers cafe & pub nearby only 10 mins from M6.

if i had time i’d go down to either crewe, cannock or rugby

malenki22:
also can you advice about tacho is the disk type not digi I will start at 5am so do I remove it after 24h and put new one■■?

you have been driving for 6 months and you still do not know when to take the tacho out :unamused: :unamused:

you put your card in after your rest period show 10 mins other work for your daily checks, do your shift and take it out after 5 mins of extra work for organising your paperwork.

Got back this morning and everything was going fine until I hit the M6 on the way back, could not come back home that night coz I hade 6 drops from Preston , Manchester , Warington, then I had to go back to Manchester so unless I had wings or jet engine. Mr dean0 as you a senior member I will not shout out aloud but this is forum and normaly how this work is you can ask advice!!! and that I was hoping for and not a comment about for how long I have been driving ect. so please don’t replay unless you have something usefull to write and for all other members thanks for all your help. I did sort my tacho out the question mainly was for do you have to leave the disk in (old type tacho) so will rec. my Daily rest period or you can remove and where is safe to stop, at the end I left in the rec. my rest break and in the morning just used new tacho.

I must say I did enjoy my first night out and hope to do it again soon at least I will now know what to do ( lets hope I know :open_mouth: )

Oh I did stop at Corley Services M6 just a bit shock for price of £20.00 just for parking I used the services coz I was loaded, and that way I can use proper toilet not bushes ect. LOL

Removing the card or the digi for rest is ok as the non recorded bit is deemed as rest

I think this is why new drivers need the cpc because they can not be bothered to find out the rules.
btw malenki22 before i started driving i made sure i knew the rules, and not leave it to a Internet forum.

dean0:
I think this is why new drivers need the cpc because they can not be bothered to find out the rules.
btw malenki22 before i started driving i made sure i knew the rules, and not leave it to a Internet forum.

Hmmmmm I’m sure you did Mr Perfect I was driving trucks for 40 years and still didn’t know it all. The guy was only asking for advice. :unamused: That’s one of the things forums are for, and that’s what you normally get on a good one like this.