a14 today

Anyone get caught up in the chaos on the a14 westbound at newmarket?

I came eastbound at about 12.30 and the traffic was starting to with one lane open.

One truck went into the back of another after a car pulled out of the services right in front of the first truck. Apparently the driver of the second truck had his leg amputated at the scene, hence why the road was shut for so long.

I know it wont mean much to him as he has lost a leg, but he should thank his lucky stars that he is alive.

There was no car pulling out as far as i know. The artic had broken down down and the rigid just steamed into the back of him. It kept us busy today, got the wrecks at our place. Not very nice.

Well I was only going on what the lady at the counter in the services just past the incident eastbound said.

Chinese whispers and all that.

I drove past about 10.30ish and some bloke was sat in the wreck, i think he was trying to look at the tacho…the traffic was for miles back.

Very sad…just makes you think you got to be on the ball at all time’s…

From what i saw on look east,both this crash,and the M25 J25 crossover,involved foreign hgv’s.
Whilst i have no knowledge of either incident,so i cant apportion blame,it does seem more and more that every major collsion involves a foreign hgv.
Perhaps they are just unlucky?

extrucker:
From what i saw on look east,both this crash,and the M25 J25 crossover,involved foreign hgv’s.
Whilst i have no knowledge of either incident,so i cant apportion blame,it does seem more and more that every major collsion involves a foreign hgv.

Or perhaps they are starting to outnumber Uk hauliers?

Law of averages and all that.

extrucker:
‘…it does seem more and more that every major collision involves a foreign hgv…’

Solution? Let’s elect a Euro-■■■■ licking Government intent on UK LGV drivers being bound by CPC reg’s miles beyond what the foreign perpetrators would ever be required to have…
One community …umpteen tolerated standards below our own.

Happy Keith,
I thought we had!! All the way from Ted Heath. Even Maggie (Milk Quota)

G8YMW:
Happy Keith,
I thought we had!! All the way from Ted Heath. Even Maggie (Milk Quota)

Hmmm, sweet irony …like spiced air on a chill & barren winter’s day, it is sometimes a wasted commodity but seemingly able to draw satisfaction from those issuing forth.

extrucker:

according to the paper yesterday when it happened, it was a green and skinner fl6 from ipswich which went into the back of a daf from lincolnshire, a car was also involved it said, the driver was fighting for his life in addenbrookes

thoughts to the guy and his family, hope he is ok

I noticed the trailer had what looked like dutch plates,but might have been english unit.
Most apologise if not a foreign driver.Dont want to upset them :blush:

Sounds terrible :frowning:

“there but for the grace of God go I” (and everyone else)

No foreign lorries involved. As Euromat said, an FL6 from Ipswich and a 105 from Spalding. The car that was supposedly ‘involved’ only caught a piece of debris that was lying in the road. A third truck hit some debris aswell.