A14 Girton accident

This morning at Girton.
Pics lifted from BBC.

_83269312_lorry1.jpg

_83269085_lorry2.jpg

Looks nasty. I darted off at the 142, did cross country all the way to Scunthorpe

Just read the report that said ‘one driver was trapped but no serious injuries’… Jesus, lucky bar stewards, I looked at that picture and thought somebody must of croaked it in that mess!!! Bet there are two pretty shaken up blokes after that!! :open_mouth:

I may be wrong so tell me if I am but does it look like the China Shipping container was not locked onto the Skelly correctly or not at all even?

SteveBarnsleytrucker:
I may be wrong so tell me if I am but does it look like the China Shipping container was not locked onto the Skelly correctly or not at all even?

I reckon it was on there ok. With my csi trucknet hat firmly on, I would say the man had stopped, and the iveco hit it so hard it forced the box off the skell

Good to hear drivers are ok, not long passed it on the east side.

callumfritch:
Good to hear drivers are ok, not long passed it on the east side.

I couldn’t believe my ears this morning, I passed that carnage at 8 oclockish and would not of expected any good news to come from there. Then on 5live the newsreader spoke about a lorry load off teddy bears being involved in a 4 lorry accident at Cambridge, I was just about to blow a gasket when She added that 2 drivers had been treated for minor injuries.

So its good news that all involved walked away, though why is it funny that a lorry carries teddy bears, does she think they walk or something :unamused:

Further along the A14 at Seven hills, there has been a shunt in the traffic queuing for the A12 slip, why don’t these drivers take heed off the yellow signs for the previous 10 miles warning off/directing to Suffolk show traffic, and expect some queuing traffic :unamused:

2 very lucky drivers both should buy lottery tickets this weekend there was a Johnny Foreigner parked up in front of the carnage A witness or cause I wonder

Is it my glasses or does it look like the twistlocks have been sheared off the skelly ?

Ffs, now they want to convict happy snappers because they have nothing better to do, why not help clear up the mess & get the road reopened asap…!

raymundo:
Is it my glasses or does it look like the twistlocks have been sheared off the skelly ?

Yes they have sheared off, but a container is only secured by 4 roll pins anyway

Pimpdaddy:
Ffs, now they want to convict happy snappers because they have nothing better to do, why not help clear up the mess & get the road reopened asap…!

So why the hell not…shouldn’t be using there mobiles whilst driving… glad to see the law coming down on these knobs

Swampey2418:
So why the hell not…

Because it’s too petty, there’s more important things to worry about I think:!::!::!:

Possibly trying to check the trailer ID nos :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

Casual Observer:
Possibly trying to check the trailer ID nos :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: :wink:

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … rmats.html

Nasty one, Glad it seems the drivers are ok :smiley:

“Teddy bear Carnage - It ain’t no picnic” screamed the headlines…

Who’s to say that the “20 drivers about to be fined for photographing the scene” include the DM photographer who’s pics are in the above linked article? :smiling_imp:

GrimReaper68:
2 very lucky drivers both should buy lottery tickets this weekend there was a Johnny Foreigner parked up in front of the carnage A witness or cause I wonder

Johnny Foreigner eh, must be to blame! I imagine he forced four law abiding highly skilled British truck drivers into a serious accident

switchlogic:

GrimReaper68:

Johnny Foreigner eh, must be to blame! I imagine he forced four law abiding highly skilled British truck drivers into a serious accident

No Johnny Foreigner was 1 off the 4, he only forced 2 off the 3 highly skilled British truckers to crash :wink: