A14 Girton accident

tango boy:
Nasty one, Glad it seems the drivers are ok :smiley:

Agreed. But does anyone know if all the teddy bears are okay? :slight_smile:

Must have knocked the stuffing out of them.

Makes you paws for thought

Stop it now, it’s all getting very teddyious and too much to bear!

the maoster:
Stop it now, it’s all getting very teddyious and too much to bear!

Like a bear behind :wink:

I heard that the emergency services even had " A bear in the air "… :blush:

Should have put screens up if they don’t want drivers to look or take pictures. How can anyone honestly turn a blind eye to that mess on the opposite side of the carriageway.

Clearly the copper had nothing better to do at the scene hence noticing drivers slowing opposite.

Hi
Regarding the accident involving the Bears, the following news release was issued this morning by the Emergency Bear Coordinator based in Brussels.
Police did for a while advise all members of the public to keep away from the scene. It was not immediately certain if some of the bears had escaped. In case this had happened the Border Agency were alerted and sent 2 ‘honey trap’ teams to the scene to check on the immigration status of the Bears. No spokesperson from the BA has since been found to comment on their findings.
Ambulance crews quickly dealt with Human casualties which fortunately were reported as having minor injuries. However The Ambulance service declared a major emergency in an attempt to save thousands of Bears from facing certain death. Many Bear casualties were airlifted to local Hospitals. The word soon got round the local Human population and within a few minutes hundreds of Humans were waiting outside local A&E depts with flowers, books, spare stuffing and perhaps most importantly large supplies of Marmalade Sandwiches.
Teams of counselors are being brought to the scene to help the surviving Bears come to terms with their injuries.
That was all the information available from the EBO in Brussels
There has however been a development and our Parliamentary reporter has tweeted the following comment.
Early reports from Westminster indicate that the Prime Minister is giving urgent consideration to a National Holiday for all Bears.

so for now keep all doors and windows closed, the lids firmly applied to all marmalade jars.

ajt:
Should have put screens up if they don’t want drivers to look or take pictures. How can anyone honestly turn a blind eye to that mess on the opposite side of the carriageway.

Clearly the copper had nothing better to do at the scene hence noticing drivers slowing opposite.

You could do nothing else but look, the traffic was down to about 5mph east bound, I joined from the 428, and from where the 14 and 428 merge it was a crawl to get past, you could not speed up even if you wanted too :unamused:

radioshack:
Hi
Regarding the accident involving the Bears, the following news release was issued this morning by the Emergency Bear Coordinator based in Brussels.
Police did for a while advise all members of the public to keep away from the scene. It was not immediately certain if some of the bears had escaped. In case this had happened the Border Agency were alerted and sent 2 ‘honey trap’ teams to the scene to check on the immigration status of the Bears. No spokesperson from the BA has since been found to comment on their findings.
Ambulance crews quickly dealt with Human casualties which fortunately were reported as having minor injuries. However The Ambulance service declared a major emergency in an attempt to save thousands of Bears from facing certain death. Many Bear casualties were airlifted to local Hospitals. The word soon got round the local Human population and within a few minutes hundreds of Humans were waiting outside local A&E depts with flowers, books, spare stuffing and perhaps most importantly large supplies of Marmalade Sandwiches.
Teams of counselors are being brought to the scene to help the surviving Bears come to terms with their injuries.
That was all the information available from the EBO in Brussels
There has however been a development and our Parliamentary reporter has tweeted the following comment.
Early reports from Westminster indicate that the Prime Minister is giving urgent consideration to a National Holiday for all Bears.

so for now keep all doors and windows closed, the lids firmly applied to all marmalade jars.

Unbearlievable jeff :sunglasses: :sunglasses: :sunglasses:

ajt:

There’s a difference between having a sly look but slowing down to take a pic is a different matter . How would you feel if one of your family was involved in an accident and some pollock was taking pics them poss putting it on Twitter for the world to see and you to stumble across them before being informed of there fate

The A14 crash appears to have had a better outcome than Mondays accident on the A66 at Crackenthorpe - two dead, a father & son. HGV involved. www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■■

ajt:

Screens aren’t always ready available and if the helicopter was present then they’d probably get blown away by any wash from the propellers.
There’s a difference between having a glance at what’s happening and deciding to get your phone out to record it as you drive past.
The copper probably had little else to do while the other emergency services dealt with any casualties.

m1cks:

ajt:

Screens aren’t always ready available and if the helicopter was present then they’d probably get blown away by any wash from the propellers.
There’s a difference between having a glance at what’s happening and deciding to get your phone out to record it as you drive past.
The copper probably had little else to do while the other emergency services dealt with any casualties.

Wouldn’t surprise me if the people complaining on here are the same people who hold their phone chatting away whilst driving.

The o b are more switched on than most people think in these incidents. About 10 years ago, there was a smash on the hard shoulder by junction 3, approaching the Dartford tunnel. In my youthful haste, I crossed the chevrons to use the empty slip road and jump a bit of the queue, along with a few others. Next thing, out steps a copper, and orders us all on the hard shoulder, and goes through us one by one. I came up with a bs excuse about needing to get to Thurrock for a break. He checked my card, signed it and gave me a massive bollocking. I tried to save 2 min and cost myself half hour. My own stupid fault and a lesson learned

ORC:

tango boy:

Daily mail have reported one of the teddy bears involved has updated their twitter feed with:
“All teddys OK, worst picnic ever-winnie the pooh has lived up to his name big time. #bloodyboxjockeys”

I have just read that 20 drivers are getting done for filming the accident on the A14 :open_mouth: :frowning:

Dipper_Dave:

ORC:

tango boy:

Daily mail have reported one of the teddy bears involved has updated their twitter feed with:
“All teddys OK, worst picnic ever-winnie the pooh has lived up to his name big time. #bloodyboxjockeys”

Ace:))

chester1:

ajt:

There’s a difference between having a sly look but slowing down to take a pic is a different matter . How would you feel if one of your family was involved in an accident and some pollock was taking pics them poss putting it on Twitter for the world to see and you to stumble across them before being informed of there fate

Too bloody true.

Dipper_Dave:

ORC:

tango boy:

Lol - class

Dave