A1 closed.

Anyone know what occoured on the A1 in the early hours? Currently closed both ways between Oakham and Colsterworth, BBC news reports of a collision between a truck and another vehicle, the two occupants of the truck have been arrested and charged for causing death by dangerous driving and the number of fatilities is unknown.

Pete.

Another needless death(s). C’mon fess up, who else jumped to conclusions when they read that “the two occupants of the lorry were arrested”?

Hasn’t the OP answered his own question?

the maoster:
Another needless death(s). C’mon fess up, who else jumped to conclusions when they read that “the two occupants of the lorry were arrested”?

Flipus McFlopus??

:smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

the maoster:

What you mean 2 English lads double manning on an 100 mile round trip to a pallet hub on a night trunk?

Exactly what I meant Steve. Nowadays you can’t move for English crewed double manned lorries.

SteveBarnsleytrucker:

the maoster:

What you mean 2 English lads double manning on an 100 mile round trip to a pallet hub on a night trunk?

xichrisxi:

Not really, just wondered if anybody on here had either gone past the incident (on either carriageway) before the road was closed and why would TWO occupants be detained as presumably only one was driving?

Pete.

the maoster:
Exactly what I meant Steve. Nowadays you can’t move for English crewed double manned lorries.

It’s a reyt ball ache with them around the Minworth and Barton Park areas.

windrush:

xichrisxi:

Not really, just wondered if anybody on here had either gone past the incident (on either carriageway) before the road was closed and why would TWO occupants be detained as presumably only one was driving?

Pete.

Double manning and records show that both have run bent off their digi cards perhaps?

windrush:

xichrisxi:

Pete.

Possible that some erm…’ seat switching ’ could have taken place in the event of a couple of ’ shandy’s ’ Pete?

Ah, didn’t think about double manning. Still closed, diversion is through Melton which will be bartled up anyway! :unamused:

Pete.

windrush:

xichrisxi:

Pete.

Ah, but which one, they won’t have been sat in the cab when the police arrived.
Both could admit to driving and both could deny driving.

the maoster:

I’ve usually got a few double manned crews on the A1 every day, mostly because our yard is literally at the side of the A1. I don’t have any Welsh or Irish drivers. The TM is Scottish, we let him out of his cage occasionally. :smiley:

Must admit I jumped to the two jolly foreigners conclusion . :unamused: :blush: :smiley:

xichrisxi:

Just can’t get the staff these days :'/

Got stuck in the traffic jams after this. Sad news, yet strangely, not much in the media about it.

A curtainsider lorry and a car, two male occupants in the car killed and a man and women in the truck arrested.

Pete.

A man and woman were arrested, 2 dead but I think they are struggling to identify them hence why there’s not much in the press yet.