A1 southbound closure at newark

I FEEL SOORRY FOR YOU IF YOU WERE STUCK IN THE CHAOS TODAY, IT WAS DUE TO A LORRY FIRE THAT HAPPENED AT 1a.m THIS MORNING,I HAD THE PLEASURE OF GOING OUT TO CLEAR UP THE MESS IT CREATED, I LEFT THE SCENE AT 6.OOpm AND THERE WAS STILL MORE TO CLEAR AWAY…IT WAS A FOREIGN DRIVER AND HE WAS OK THOUGH, THANK GOD

derby-dave:
I FEEL SOORRY FOR YOU IF YOU WERE STUCK IN THE CHAOS TODAY, IT WAS DUE TO A LORRY FIRE THAT HAPPENED AT 1a.m THIS MORNING,I HAD THE PLEASURE OF GOING OUT TO CLEAR UP THE MESS IT CREATED, I LEFT THE SCENE AT 6.OOpm AND THERE WAS STILL MORE TO CLEAR AWAY…IT WAS A FOREIGN DRIVER AND HE WAS OK THOUGH, THANK GOD

just came off at blyth,bawtry,gainsborough,newark,no problems

Something I’ve never seen before trucks in bot lanes not moving forward obviously taking their breaks another sign of I’m alright ■■■■ you attitude. It was a long queue made even longer by loads of people doing this.

Mr B:
Something I’ve never seen before trucks in bot lanes not moving forward obviously taking their breaks another sign of I’m alright [zb] you attitude. It was a long queue made even longer by loads of people doing this.

i think some are barmy,even though it was shut from early morning,signs flashing up warnings of A1 SHUT,some of ours still drove into it,4/5 hrs,one left wakfield at 3 p.m,claimed he saw no signs warning of closure :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: ,nothing on radio and did a 18 hr 45 min shift,i left wakey 5 p.m, saw signs on m1,m62 so diverted via bawtry,gainsborough ,theyve now been asked to write explanations as to why when the road had been shut,chaos on diversions theyd still drove into it and made no effort to miss it.

ady1:

Mr B:
Something I’ve never seen before trucks in bot lanes not moving forward obviously taking their breaks another sign of I’m alright [zb] you attitude. It was a long queue made even longer by loads of people doing this.

i think some are barmy,even though it was shut from early morning,signs flashing up warnings of A1 SHUT,some of ours still drove into it,4/5 hrs,one left wakfield at 3 p.m,claimed he saw no signs warning of closure :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :unamused: :unamused: ,nothing on radio and did a 18 hr 45 min shift,i left wakey 5 p.m, saw signs on m1,m62 so diverted via bawtry,gainsborough ,theyve now been asked to write explanations as to why when the road had been shut,chaos on diversions theyd still drove into it and made no effort to miss it.

Thats not like you ady1, turning down the chance to sit around get extra hours in for no effort! I’d have thought you have diverted to make sure you hit it and started counting the money :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Fileep:

ady1:

Mr B:

Thats not like you ady1, turning down the chance to sit around get extra hours in for no effort! I’d have thought you have diverted to make sure you hit it and started counting the money :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

i started at 4 a.m and made it back to the yard at 18.58 p.m :wink: :laughing: :laughing: ,so i still got my 15 hrs in :wink: ,im not daft enough to do a extra 3 hrs 45 mins for nothing :wink:

ady1:

Fileep:

ady1:

Mr B:

i started at 4 a.m and made it back to the yard at 18.58 p.m :wink: :laughing: :laughing: ,so i still got my 15 hrs in :wink: ,im not daft enough to do a extra 3 hrs 45 mins for nothing :wink:

Well thought out, I just remembered that Strobarts will not pay over 15 hours! Well done. As they say round here ‘your not as green as your cabbage looking’ :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: