A Word of Thanks

Just a public word of thanks to Rog, and the other Contributors to the “LGV Training Tips” Super Thread.Which assisted the 22 years old Grandson of a former workmate, to pass his Class C then his Class C+E, one after the other , over a 6 month period. By studying the LGV Training Tips thread, with its many links. While he continued with his full time job with a Motorway Repair contractor, doing the Driving school bit at weekends at a Manchester driving school. Helped by all of the info. that he got off this site, and the DSA Guide to Driving Goods Vehicles,–( Oh!! and Me :blush: :blush: )–,he got through it all, passing 1st time in all the modules. He is now busy getting wised up–again via LGV Training Tips–with the various gearboxes that he will encounter, and also the Tautliner curtains “how to open and close them correctly” video.
Thanks everyone.

On behalf of all the contributors , we thank you for your kind feedback.

Thanks should also go to the trucknetuk site admin/mods who made the thread a permanent sticky.

Hi Buycrider, I’m really glad for the fella that he found our stuff useful. :smiley:

Please wish him well from all of us. :wink:

Thanks for that Dave. My thanks were meant for every one of the contributors to “LGV Training Tips”. (and other threads on “Newbies”), which gave Sam all the info that he needed to impress that assessor. Who noted that he took off his HiViz when he got into the cab, and was able to explain why. That he took the keys out and put them in his pocket when he got out of the cab. That when he wasn,t sure about how to operate the lift axle when he wanted to adjust the turntable height before backing under the trailer, he asked the assessor for instructions on how to do it. And got them. All of those little bits of advice, and others, he had picked up off various posts on this forum. I just hope that this post of mine helps to highlight the importance, and the value to New and Wannabe Drivers, ( Plus Oldies :laughing: :laughing:) of “LGV Training Tips”. It is a cracker.
There is likely to be a bit more news before long. But I don,t want to pre-empt it. I wouldn,t want it to look as if anything was being “taken for granted”. I,ll keep you posted.