A webcam in the cab. What do you make of this?

If you’re worried about trackers and similar devices, you can buy a GPS blocker. Stops all outgoing signals from your truck though your GPS wont work either. They’re very effective and nobody in the office knows why your tracker is’nt working (so I’ve been told :wink: ).

Tiger

Soldier z:
Found this
A windscreen-mounted digital camera with the potential to ■■■■■ operators’ insurance premiums by preventing fraudulent claims against them, has been launched by Vision-Techniques. The X-Driven, which is plugged into a truck’s ciga-rette lighter, records a view of the road ahead and instantly downloads the footage onto its integral SD memory card.

It remains in the memory for between eight and 33 hours (depending on the recording quality setting chosen) before being overridden. The £250 device has G-shock sensors, which detect any sudden or sharp movements - such as heavy braking, swerving or a collision. Such manoeuvres automatically trigger the ‘save’ function, which permanently stores the footage from 30 seconds prior to, and 30 seconds following the event.

This allows you to see both the build-up and the aftermath, both of which could be invaluable in the case of an insurance claim. Similarly, the driver can manually save footage if he chooses.
roadtransport.com/Articles/2 … laims.html

I wished I had that system on my truck on Monday - ■■■■ in lane one (caravan) didn’t even bother to check his o/s mirror before pulling out when I was in Lane 2

He gopt a nice big dent in his shiny New caravan, me pushed backed mirrors… he didn’t even stop :unamused:

wished I had that system on my truck on Monday - [zb] in lane one (caravan) didn’t even bother to check his o/s mirror before pulling out when I was in Lane 2

possibly he had the same extension mirrors that I bought. The convex one is really, really deceptive. far worse than the ones you get on trucks.
Not excusing him however, he should have been aware of the problem…
I am !

We have cameras in all our trucks that haul any kind of ARCO/BP product. They can be accessed thru a website, but are not active unless the driver makes a sudden move, such as heavy hard braking or swerves. They are pointed directly at the drivers face and another to the road ahead. I guess they want to see the drivers expression when he gets run in to by some idiot or something.
It makes no difference to out insurance policy, its just a thing that the bigwigs at ARCO/BP have dreamt up.
Helps to alienate drivers even more cos big brothers watching our every move…!!!