A SAD day

This week saw the loss of a good man to haulage, and to his loving wife and family.
thisisgrimsby.co.uk/displayN … ebarsearch

I am proud to say I have known Darren, (Big Daz) since I came into haulage some 10-11 years ago.
I met him at Caistor Distribution, than kept meeting up with him over the years, then I joined HandTrans and there he was again, he moved to Benton Brothers and I was persuaded by him to do the same.
I was dreadfully shocked to hear of his tragic death.
He was on his way into work when he died, on his way to pick up a brand new tractor unit.
My heart goes out to his wife and family, and I have some idea of what his kids are going through, as I lost my Father when I was 13, but not in a road accident.
I also feel for the Truck driver that was involved in the accident. I can only imagine what he is going through.

R I P sorry to here of this

condoences to his family and freinds

I’m really sorry to hear this and I’m sure everyone here will agree that our thoughts are with Helen Claire and Jamie as well as his friends, of which he obviously had very many.

As someone who used to frequent that very same road on the way to Louth for Somerfield/Kwik Save,I knew what a bad road it was,even on fine days.

The dip as you entered Limber from the airport end,would catch even the most alert out,and the right hand bend at Keelby,came at you so suddenly,even if you had travelled it a thousand times,it could still catch you out.

The road was worse for us boys that used it during the night,to go to the stores,due to the lack of street lighting outside of the villages along the way,and one of the most frightening spots,was on the narrow bit just before you got to Ludborough,where there were ditches of large proportions on either side,and some very unerving S bends.

What is even more heartbreaking,is the fact he was on his way to collect his new motor,which he will now never drive.I’m guessing there will be a few reluctant drivers at Bentons,wanting it.

Tragic.

My condolonces to his family and friends,of whom it would seem he had many.

Ken.

Sad news indeed a fellow driver and of course a husband and father.
Condolences to the family.
R.I.P

My husband works at Bentons and we were very shocked to hear about the death of Darren, and I had only met him in passing whilst on the road. Our thoughts are with all the family. Liz and Terry.

RIP thinking of the family

Boatman:
RIP thinking of the family

I absolutely ditto them thoughts…