A hypothetical question

What if any laws would you be breaking if you hypothetically drove down this street after doing a town centre delivery in your truck :question:

would you drive down it anyway :question:

cheers.

is there a width limit law, i know you can be fined for it but under which traffic offence i dont know

have taken a bdouble down similar sized streets, dont worry about it, if a car comes the other way they’ll be backing up, not you

take a wnder down and have a look to see if the restriction is the posts you can see or somethinga bit further but if it is the posts and you can get passed them, go for it!

dont know if you would get done for it, drive down there and let us know? :wink:

i think the restriction is the part of the house that juts out into the roadway

Cruise Control:
What if any laws would you be breaking if you hypothetically drove down this street after doing a town centre delivery in your truck :question:

direct.gov.uk/en/Motoring/Dr … G_10022425

TS50 Failing to comply with traffic sign (excluding ‘stop’ signs, traffic lights or double white lines) 3 points

Cruise Control:

would you drive down it anyway :question:

cheers.

The red circle is prohibitive, if there was nothing in the white background, that would mean no vehicles, as it is there, it means no vehicles over 6’6’’ wide

Anyone coming towards you would be driving up a one way street :stuck_out_tongue:

3 points and a fine I reckon

The fine’s usually £60.

Don’t do it…The Taliban are hiding in the trees in the background they are armed and ready to SHOOT you, also if you look carefully there is a ied in the flower tub…

if thats the only way off escape id be down it, so wot would i get done for going through different signs to get into farms? you know the usally 7.5 ton weight limit and unsuitable for hgv’s. sorry for going off topic.

“Unsuitable for HGVs” signs are not red circles with a white background, while most 7.5 tonne limits (which are red circular signs with white backgrounds) are accompanied by a plate stating “except for access”. The red circle is significant, as it means you get points on your licence if you disobey it (and what do points mean…?)

Of course… Somene’s got to catch you doing it. :smiley:

What width is your truck?.

Deepinvet:
Don’t do it…The Taliban are hiding in the trees in the background they are armed and ready to SHOOT you, also if you look carefully there is a ied in the flower tub…

Yep there’s something in that. The area looks suspiciously deserted, suggesting it might be an ambush.

You’re gonna get wedged by that strategically placed dormer window above the posts. A Copper accompanied by a vostapo agent will pass a debit card machine out of that window directly into your cab for you to insert your card, taking the opportunity to check your flask is strapped - secure load & all that.

Meanwhile whilst your stuck the vostapo have come out of hiding and are all over you like a rash.

It hurts me to say it but you;ve gotta hand it to them. it’s clever.

I know i’m sorry! But I couldn’t help it.

(Assuming you’re asking about drivers of vehicles wider than specified) My very first line of defence would be to look up that particular sign to if there needs to be two signs. As it stands, it would appear you’d be driving “past” not “through” the prohibition sign. I can’t see the pic as I type now, but does it need to be “positively illuminated” the way some speed limit signs need to be ?

Next would be to make sure the local council/authority had complied with the notices and such necessary to enforce the restriction - think “planning permission” type stuff.

These tactics are to ensure it’s all enforceable and I’d use those first before “defending myself against a charge that can’t be enforced” if you get my drift.