Would you or wouldn’t you is the question!?

You dont know the area and you come across this out and about while delivering, your sat nav (or your map’s for those who dont believe in them :stuck_out_tongue: ) tells you to go take this exit on at the roundabout… :open_mouth: :confused: :confused: .

It was installed to STOP HGV’s using it as a short cut and the sign has had it’s width lowered from 6"6’ to 6"5’. Just off the roundabout are the entry points to several large reefer companines and a fruit and veg factory, the road it’s self eventually leads to a major ‘A’ road. The HGV diversion brings you up this street but from the other direction, you then have to exit the same way.

Coming off the roundabout

So the question is just out of curiosity would you drive off roundabout and through it without giving the sign a second glance :question: As trucks have been know to go down it still :exclamation: :exclamation: or follow the signed diversion that HGV’s are meant to follow to reach the reefer depots and f&v factory :question: :question: There is no weight limit on the road.

Question revesered would you join the roundabout going through the width limit from the other direction :question:
Joining the roundabout

Answers on a post card please… :confused: :confused: :sunglasses: :grimacing: :grimacing:

I dont see how you could go down it , My truck woudlnt fit through the gap ,I’m sure its 8’ wide.

Surely you would have to drive over the kerb to gain access and it does’nt say except for access therefore maybe I would at night but prob not in the day I would re programme the sat nav using the avoid road block thingy :bulb:

No, you dont know who is watching. Not worth a fine, would go round.

during the day id follow the diversions, if it was night and i was in a hurry i would use it.

i dont get why its like this though? doesnt seemt o be anything other than fields there.

The second photo shows that there is a width restriction on the roundabout,so,as you shouldn’t be there anyway,you may as well go for it if the truck will fit through the gap.Might as well get hung for a sheep as a lamb :laughing: :laughing:

there is no width restriction on the roundabout itself, it is only on that particular road.

it has been put there because he residents complained too much, what you can’t see in the first pic is a line of houses and bungalows on the left hand side of the road, and there is a canal on the right hand side.

if you drive down it during the day, the residents WILL complain :confused:

shuttlespanker:

and take photos aswell then sending them to the local paper with a strongly worded letter, as has been done before and they normally get published :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :exclamation: :open_mouth:

I should state here i’m not impying in anyway that the local companies drive down it because they dont, just merely a question asking what you would do if you were not from the local area and you faced it, as it a fair old de-tour, with parked cars etc etc sometimes during the day. The angle of the photo dont help but you can judge just by looking at it, i’m guessing it is wide enough so emergency vehicles can still get access with out having to take the de-tour!!

as surely its not an offence to drive down it if your lorry can fit :question: or is it :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

pecjam23:
as surely its not an offence to drive down it if your lorry can fit :question: or is it :question: :confused: :confused: :confused:

If they don’t want hgv’s to go down there why not put up a no hgv allowed sign.

to answer your original question, i would go round the diversion route (i was there 3 weeks ago)

the restricion is wide enough to get e truck through it, but it is signed as less to stop them, as far as i am aware, it is an offence to deliberately ignore a road sign (probably not worded correctly) and can be done for it

shuttlespanker:
there is no width restriction on the roundabout itself, it is only on that particular road.

it has been put there because he residents complained too much, what you can’t see in the first pic is a line of houses and bungalows on the left hand side of the road, and there is a canal on the right hand side.

so if you want to go down that road during the day your best bet would be to go down in an unmarked truck and trailer?

:stuck_out_tongue:

I’d follow the signs especially if I didn’t know the area.
I get paid by the hour and it’s not my fuel but I do have to
pay for any fines I incure and I risk disaplinery proceedures
if I get stuck after ignoring traffic signs.

As it’s a red circular sign then in it’s an offence to disobey it.

why don’t they just put a weight limit if they want to stop HGVs :confused: - surly there must be a point in the road where width becomes a issue :confused: i take no bus service goes down there either ?

Run the [zb]ing signs down, and stop asking stupid questions. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

limeyphil:
Run the [zb]ing signs down, and stop asking stupid questions. :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

yep catch the sign with the trailer wheels … job sorted. :smiling_imp: even better if you are running with a mate you take one side down and your mate the other. :smiling_imp:

merc0447:
why don’t they just put a weight limit if they want to stop HGVs :confused: - surly there must be a point in the road where width becomes a issue :confused: i take no bus service goes down there either ?

the only point along that road where the width is an issue is the width restriction that they have put in to stop LGV’s going in that way, these are shown in full in the photos.

there are a couple of cold stores further along the road that requires access from all size LGV’s. the designated LGV route is in from the other end of the road, it is only an issue if you do not know the road and come in from the south (the diversion is in from the north end of town)

shuttlespanker:

So the signs in the second photo are wrong and shouldn’t be there?

Highlander:

shuttlespanker:

So the signs in the second photo are wrong and shouldn’t be there?

no, the width restriction is per side of the road at the junction with the roundabout, 6’5" leaving the roundabout and 6’5" entering the roundabout.

if you look at the photos, there are 3 islands in the entrance/exit to the road, each side of the road is 6’5" (alledgedly)

To answer the question I’d go around, I’m paid by the hour and I dont pay for the fuel.

BUT

If the whingers who got the restriction put there in the first place dont like lorries going past their front door

DONT MOVE INTO A PROPERTY IN AN INDUSTRIAL AREA - MORONS :smiling_imp: :unamused: