A few day's with a big truck mounted crane

Things were quite quiet last week so i thought i would use the opportunity to take a few pictures and put together a sort of diary.Hope it is of some interest.
Mondays 1st job was 2x20’ opensided containers to East Kilbride
1st thing to do on site was reposition a loaded 20’ that meant digging out the heavy chains,these 13mm link chains are good for 12ton so are well up for a box at approx 8ton.

Job done so back to the yard to load for Inverness
An 8’ a 20’ openside and a 20’ highcube

A slight overhang on the truck but as long as you maintain a 3’ gap it turns ok and always remember to use a rubber.

Nice day for a run up the A9

Into Inverness and drop the trailer at woody’s.On to 1st drop, lift sideopener with the crane and 8’ of with forklift

Back across the river Ness grab the high cube and get that on the ground in Longman ind est

Back to woody’s to get the trailer and head south
One of Highlanders mates in with his curtains shut ,hope a did’nt wake him with all my messing about.
Get to Newtonmore at about half 6 and get parked up for the night

Not a great lover of early morning and that showed next day when i opened the curtains, the place was deserted and I had’nt heard a thing

A steady quiet run south until i came on this at Broxburn roundabout

Probably wont take a genius to work out what happened there(hope the driver was ok)
Into the docks at Grangemouth,for 2 x20’ new builds , great no queue,in and out in 10mins
Last job on tuesday was a drop in Bridgeton a 20’highcube into a wee compound just behind bridgeton cross,would’nt have been to bad if it was’nt for the bloody rain.
1st job on wednesday was a 30’ palletwide on to the new M74 then move some equipment on site.

Wednesday’s work was brought to a halt early with this

The pictures not to clear,but what i was trying to show was an error code on the left of the screen.which resulted in

Dirty hands!!!
Problem solved so load for thursday, a 10’ and 20’ for Dalgety Bay. The overhang is over a metre so marker boards are put on to keep plod happy.

A nice steady run in to Fife with the sun out .
A deceptively tight wee yard but the big crane comes into its own, the 20’ off the back , the 10’ off the side. sorted.

I sqeezed in a job from Burntisland up to kirkcauldy before heading back.
Crossed over at Kincardine to see the new bridge is coming on.
Then it was into Gartcosh , a former hospital , a real eerie looking place but what is really sad about this place is the fact that only about 4 months ago this place was huge house building project now it’s deserted, hundreds of working men probably on the dole.

Friday at last ,today’s job takes me to the biggest hotel in Edinburgh, not that i would like to stay there. On the way i pass Bathgate’s famous sheep.

No pictures from the job but it consisted of moving loaded boxes within the prison, would normally have taken a couple of hours but because of the amount of gates that need open and closed I was there for about 5 hours.
Anyway back to the yard , truck washed ,parked for the weekend and home for a beer or five.
Hope this was of some interest , a job slightly different but i love it. No week is ever the same. cheers Iain.

Nice diary, interesting work!

as long as you maintain a 3’ gap it turns ok and always remember to use a rubber.

Guess you’ve had a few nights out with the girls in Wakefield then :open_mouth: :smiley:

Great pics and very interesting for me, because I’ve never used any kind of truck mounted crane.

:smiley: Nice one mate, and thanks for taking the time to post it. :grimacing:

i seen that stevenson tip - it was tuesday morning broxden roundabout it scared the life outta me - god knows how the driver felt.

i hope he is ok

great diary and pics

i keep meaning to do my own but i keep forgetting!

Governor!:
Nice diary, interesting work!

as long as you maintain a 3’ gap it turns ok and always remember to use a rubber.

Guess you’ve had a few nights out with the girls in Wakefield then :open_mouth: :smiley:

How very dare you! :open_mouth: I’ll have you know that at least one girl in Wakefield is quite attractive! I know this because she told me so after I’d had a right skinful on the “Westgate Run” :laughing:

Excellent diary…Like Dave, I’ve never used a crane so it’s always interesting to see how other jobs work.

Thanks mate, nice one!

nice pics and a decent crane you lucky git

while i’m off next week my motor is having a new crane fitted, nothing as good as yours mind the boss has picked the HMF 3000 still got to be better than the ancient hiab weve currently got on one of the trailers

Cheers lads. :slight_smile: :slight_smile:
How did the Orkney run go last week Andy , not to rough a sailing i hope.

was a tad rough alfa

ended up turning green and feeding the seagulls :blush:

It can get a wee bit rough :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:
Never mind , loosing your dinner every now and again
does wonders for your waistline. :laughing: :laughing:

Good one Alfa I’m actually quite jealous of your motor, although you can keep the job with the boxes. I’ve moved a couple this week and that’s enough for my liking. I’ve seen inside a few prisons too (as a delivery driver) and they are the biggest pain in the arse ever.

Oh and cheers for the sponsorship.

Nice diary alfa man ,i envy you driving round in all that lovely scenery,mind
you i suppose its a bit rough in the winter.Nice truck plenty of power :smiley: :smiley: