My Truck Pictures (A few more recent pics)

Just a few pictures of the truck I spend half my life in. A couple of the pictures are taken at my depot in Hamilton the rest are at various locations around Scotland. For all the doubters out there the 500 badge is accurate,it’s great what you can do with a laptop nowadays. The extra power comes in handy because the truck weighs in at 22 tons empty. :smiley:

Waiting for the ferry in Port Ellen, Isle of Islay

Thurso lorry park ,on route to regular destination of Dounreay.

A828 near Oban.

A83 near Furnace.

Parked up at depot.

Loading at depot.

Moving 40’ containers at local garden centre.

Hope you like the pictures and if you see me on the road ,give me a flash :smiley: :smiley: cheers.

nice wagon mate

Very smart! :sunglasses:

great pictures cheers!!

Nice tidy looking outfit :slight_smile:

excellent pics there mate…looks like u have an interesting job…better than waiting hours at RDC’s :wink:

Al

Thanks for showing us the truck and as
amember has all ready said you must
have a very intresting job,

I’ll get probably get some flack for it, but I reckon that’s a decent motor. Shame you can’t carry bugger all though!

I’m guessing that you move a fair few boxes.

Any chance of a diary?

:smiley: :smiley: Cheers for the positive coments. 8wheels is right ,against a 44 tonner I can carry bugger all but its all swings and roundabouts,if i had a better payload then I would’nt be able to put an empty 20 foot box 45 foot of the side of the truck.The crane will lift a box at 10 ton so it works out ok plated at 32 ton.
The job can be very interesting but like all jobs you can have the odd bad days,sometimes trying to load in the pouring rain and gale force wind in the middle of nowhere at 7 oclock at night, a nice long queue in a warm truck at a RDC would not be to bad. :smiley: :smiley:

thanks again lads ,I will post some more pics later maybe even a short diary if i’m feeling brave.

More pics and a diary would be excellent mate :wink:

Al

Nice pictures more please :smiley:

A few more pictures from a couple of recent job’s , not quite a diary but nearly.

After a night out in Fort William a stop for a coffee on route to Skye with 2 drops.
The weather was’nt the best but the run up was ok.

As the weather improved the roads got worse

And worse . ( yes that is a phone box ).

Finally arrive, get rid of container and head for 2nd drop,Rassay a small island of Skye so a ferry is required.Not the biggest of ferries 2 cars ,me and it’s full.

The roads on here were worse than on the main land , but hey it keeps the heart pumping

[img
Got the delivery done and stopped on the way back to take a couple more pics,you cant see it properly but on the next picture the ground falls away about 100 foot right at the side of the truck , not great if you dont like hights.
[/img]

Off the island and head back to Fort William for another night in the cab,but not before another coffee break.

The next week i’ve got a couple of boxes to Campbeltown , i’m not a great lover of early mornings so a couple of hours the night before gets me to Inverarey.

A nice quiet wee lorry park ,but in the summer the midges are really bad.

A 9am tip then head for home ,the truck runs alot better with a bit of weight on so i lift the drag on board,the big crane really comes into it’s own here because i can pick the trailer up from the coupled position(should have taken a picture, sorry).

The trailer on board also saves a bit on the ferries as well. On the Shetland boat (below) i think it was about £250 cheaper on the return.

Anyway home again to meet our new neighbours, Allways transport who haul for mamout (sorry about the spelling ),some nice looking wagons. :smiley:

The last three pictures are for you guy’s that want to see the crane at work.The job was awkward in that i could’nt go over the top because of cables and i could’nt get right in so i had to jib the box off the back lower it under the cables then slot it back into place.

The wall was the biggest worry ,if i did’nt have a remote control and a bigger crane i dont think the job would have been possible.

cheers again iain.

very good

Cracking pics there mate and a nice looking motor,that looked bloody
tight with the container by the wall! Although not the best of weather bloody
lovely scenery you get to work in,although im sure its a bugger in the winter. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Great photos Keep up the good work!

good pics.
ive seen them type of cranes in action, awsome