£260k

a week for kicking a bloody footbal around!!!

Football: 22 men kicking a bag a wind around a field & hugging each other.

TIme they got a proper, productive job.

fair plat to them and best of luck to them as well…i certainly couldn’t contribute £4.8m a year to the goverment in taxes :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :open_mouth: :exclamation:

it isnt so much the money its that they have so much influence on youngsters and half of them are not setting a good example . with the fame and money comes responsibility as well

Driveroneuk:
Football: 22 men kicking a bag a wind around a field & hugging each other.

You have the same view as me on this - I also have the same view on cricket - but hey, each to their own :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

The UK’s Olympic athletes are worth more to this country than any footballer.

How much do you think Chris Hoy or Rebecca Adlington is on? No where near £260k a week, I know that much.

Kids should be looking up to them, genuine sports people, representing their country without the multi-million pound price tag.

It’s market forces really. I defy any man or woman to come on here and say that they would turn down that kind of money per week. Granted, a lot would give a huge amount of it to charity or worthy causes, but it doesn’t change the fact that we’d like to be in the position to do that.

As it happens I do think it’s an obscene amount of money to do something which is neither dangerous nor of any real benefit to mankind and I’m sure we’d all agree the money would be better spent on things such as nurses or teachers and the like, but we can’t really fault the players for taking that kind of money.

And the football teams have the cheek to increase ticket prices every year.

Just heard on Jeremy Vine that Man City are after 22yr old Kaka (not being a footballist I don’t know the spelling) for 100, yes that’s right, 100 million pounds!

Apparently his wages are to be in the region of 2 million per week! Mind you, as a caller pointed out, that means he’ll be paying the taxman approx 48 million per annum.

just to correct you a little moaster, it’ll be (reported) £500,000 a week which is ■■■■ ing obscence, and as mr vine said would be interesting to have had kaka’s accountant on the show re: tax loophole type stuff!

Correction gratefully noted mate.

I never like to let the facts get in the way of a good story though. :laughing: :laughing:

the maoster:
…Apparently his wages are to be in the region of 2 million per week!..

garnerlives:
just to correct you a little moaster, it’ll be (reported) £500,000 a week which is [zb] ing obscene…

That’s still £2m a month!!

Chiz:

the maoster:
…Apparently his wages are to be in the region of 2 million per week!..

garnerlives:
just to correct you a little moaster, it’ll be (reported) £500,000 a week which is [zb] ing obscene…

That’s still £2m a month!!

which is [zb] ing obscene

600K a week now for him :open_mouth: :open_mouth:

Absolute joke.

Kaka ? that sounds like a zb name. He should fit in with the rest of them at Man City. :unamused: Time they bought a decent manager.

Chiz:
The UK’s Olympic athletes are worth more to this country than any footballer.

How much do you think Chris Hoy or Rebecca Adlington is on? No where near £260k a week, I know that much.

Kids should be looking up to them, genuine sports people, representing their country without the multi-million pound price tag.

the was a story on this there said there get 25k per year and also have to find some of the sponsorship

no footballer it worth so much

delboytwo:
the was a story on this there said there get 25k per year and also have to find some of the sponsorship

They also receive Government funding so I would dispute their ‘worth to the country’

mrpj:

delboytwo:

They also receive Government funding so I would dispute their ‘worth to the country’

so does the FA and get a lot more the the British athletics do,

most sport gets funding from goverment

I was saying that a footballer gets more money than there require for what there do you can’t say that a footballer earns that money

do you think that football as performed more then the athletics has in the last 4 years

football get 500 million in TV money the athletes get about a 5th of that in a 4 year period

At least hell spend it in this country

don’t be so sure