Harry Redknapp WTF?

Okay so he got away with it!

Is this a case of one law for one?

I think a true point was made on last nights Sunday night show:

“Harry Redknapp admitted in court that he couldn’t read or write very well and that he was a bit thick”

Is this really the sort of manager needed for the England team?

I am not a football fan! but…

If this is true then is this really the best we can do?

If it is not true then he was lying in court and guilty of perjury! Also why hide money in Monaco under a false (albeit dogs) name if you did not intend to pay tax on it?

Just watch those same fans turn when the results are not going there way.

I just wonder if this government and their anti bonus culture (unless you are a multi millionaire MP of course) will extend to sport?

Also - reading about offshore and foreign bank accounts I had a letter from my insurance company today (Saga because I am an old git) and they are registered and incorporated in Gibraltar!

Smacks doesn’t it!

Yes I to am an old git and a member of the Saga club as long as they remain competitive,and they don’t always do that as I’m sure you are aware.
And while tax avoidance if done with criminal intent is wrong :slight_smile:.
If done within the legal framework is something I am sure if we had the resources ( those elusive ■■■■ millions ) we would all practice.

Mike.

thelongdrag:
Yes I to am an old git and a member of the Saga club as long as they remain competitive,and they don’t always do that as I’m sure you are aware.
If done within the legal framework is something I am sure if we had the resources ( those elusive ■■■■ millions ) we would all practice.

Mike.

I was with Saga, but got the same cover with Tesco for £80 less.

altitude:

thelongdrag:

Mike.

I found out last week that Saga are not only for the over 50’s now also, my last renewal came with a “we will match any quote” leaflet, LV were £105 cheaper and Saga beat it by a quid, the bloke on the phone did not seem amused at all but they did it, my renewal is in May so we will see :wink:

brados:

altitude:

thelongdrag:

Mike.

I found out last week that Saga are not only for the over 50’s now also, my last renewal came with a “we will match any quote” leaflet, LV were £105 cheaper and Saga beat it by a quid, the bloke on the phone did not seem amused at all but they did it, my renewal is in May so we will see :wink:

Yes years ago I suppose it was’nt to bad when your renewal went up by a few quid and no internet just relying on an agent or broker.But now they talk in the teens if not hundreds so there’s no need for loyalty because most companies just try it on as you know.Keep on watching them until you can’t remember why :confused:. Mike.

I think it has now got to the stage that even if you do not have any no claims bonus you will still find a decent deal, loyalty and no claims doesn’t seem to mean much at all these days.

brados:

altitude:

thelongdrag:

Mike.

I didn’t check with Saga to see if they would match it, I just took it The wife also got the points on her card.

A 8 million pound court case to pursue £80,000 tax which according to Harry had been declared.Don’t know the real truth and neither does anyone else,but who is going to cough up for the 8 million costs.Me thinks it will be the likes of us through our taxes :smiling_imp: .

Dave the Renegade:
A 8 million pound court case to pursue £80,000 tax which according to Harry had been declared.Don’t know the real truth and neither does anyone else,but who is going to cough up for the 8 million costs.Me thinks it will be the likes of us through our taxes :smiling_imp: .

Big firms let off £25BILLION in taxes: As families are chased for every penny, corporate giants dodge their massive bills: from here:

dailymail.co.uk/news/article … penny.html

The mans a crook, him and his twisted oppo were the start of Pompey’s trouble, they robbed them rotten, he got away with that one but he’s still under investigation, one of the worse things you can do is beat the Police in a court case, they will never leave you alone after that,…It’s only a matter of time Harry, the cheers in Pompy will be heard all over the world.

^ This. If Harry gets the job the hacks will be rubbing their hands with glee and digging deep… :grimacing:

The Inland rev (as it was then) made complete ■■■■ of themselves 25 yrs years ago when a guy I knew upped sticks and moved to Sun City. He was an only kid, his mum was always ill but he had somehow managed to build a very good and profitable business and was quite wealthy. However, his old mum wouldn’t hear of him moving out of the poxy council house she rented (think he had actually bought it somewhere along the line without her realising). He had a smashing wife and as soon as the old girl died he was off. Sold the business at a fraction of it’s real value to his wifes brother, even lending him the money for it as he had made a fortune over the years and then sold the house dead cheap to one of the old neighbours kids in the street who had just got married. He had already been working on a business plan for when he got there and just wanted to do anything not to create any delays as Sun City was a thriving place with massive money to be made, which he did as he is now a multi, multi millionaire and I can’t think of anyone who deserves it more!
About 18 mths after he went, the inland rev contacted my company (I used to do a huge ammount of work for him, then his Bro-in-law) to ask if I knew where he had gone. I did, but I wasn’t going to tell them anything and if he’d robbed them, good luck to him.
I let them both know and I got a phone call a fair few months later from Sun city from my old mate, telling me that they had doubted that he had given things away so cheaply to get over there and had sent a HMRC couple over there to pose as a married wealthy couple for 3 months and get to know him and his Mrs and try to catch them out although they somehow blew cover or maybe even told them. It had all been done 100% right and they came back with nothing. How much did that little episode cost us?
I had a tax investgation once and the little twerp (who had got it all wrong) then told me that they will spend £6000 to get £600 back if they have to. That made me feel soooo much better…

Edit. 3 Weeks actually. Brain fade…

Harry Redknapp was asked about the Euros in Poland. His reply “How the ■■■■ did ye find out about that account?!”

Of course he is innocent, I,m sure most on here have an offshore bank a/c in their dog’s name,. that’s perfectly normal :neutral_face:

mydogs name is Rosie too, do you think she’d be able to withdraw from his account ■■ :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

robroy:
Of course he is innocent, I,m sure most on here have an offshore bank a/c in their dog’s name,. that’s perfectly normal :neutral_face:

I wonder if there is a Fido Webb living on the Isle Of Man :unamused: .

(Sorry Chris I shall get me coat).

Maybe a footie fan on the jury?
Not a fan of Redknapp but like Revenooers even less.
An old crook told me once.‘Never boher with Magistrates Courts, go straight to a court with Twelve good men & true - & you get away with it every time!’