Football

Please take part in my poll. Thoughts and views are most welcome too! :smiley:

Where is the “Yes, but I knew this all along” option?

When my Dad used to watch Charlton Athletic play in the 1930’s, the players used to go home on the same tram as the supporters.

Feel this thread should be in the Bar?

Football is a method of social engineering that people knowingly and happily pay for.

Social engineering? Its a business - out to make money ( if they can) like almost everything in our world its about making money for those involved and taking money from the punters - from fairground rides, a loaf of bread, a newspaper,your local pub, mortgage, kids nursery, and even some charities ( have you read what some bosses of major charities make in wages)

its 22 blokes kicking a bag of wind around, over paid,over rated and so boring i rather bang my head against a wall than waste my time watching it :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

AKA Kissball,where a load of overpaid pansies chase a ball around a field whilst trying not to break a nail or mess up their hair.And then there’s the fans,who waste hard earned money keeping the fairies employed :unamused:

wildfire:
its 22 blokes kicking a bag of wind around, over paid,over rated and so boring i rather bang my head against a wall than waste my time watching it :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush: :blush:

+1

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Not all football is this bad
Try looking at non league football and in particular FC United of Manchester this is definitely a new way of football their website makes very interesting reading.

wildfire:

+2

Before you all ask,my son is fanatical about the poxy game and I have asked him the same questions but I’m still waiting for an answer… :smiley:

They get paid obscene amounts of money and spend a lot of time wandering around aimlessly - why can’t they run after the ball for the whole 90 minutes? If any of us didn’t do our job properly, we would justifiably get the sack - why don’t they?? :imp: :imp:

On a local level, I’m sure its treated as a sport still and people do play for pleasure, obviously. Good luck to them. On a national level, the fanatacism and aura surrounding it, is a bloody disgrace IMO.

The whole thing really boils my ■■■■, can you tell??

:grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

Ice Hockey, much better game.

Madguy :smiling_imp:

Piston broke:
They get paid obscene amounts of money and spend a lot of time wandering around aimlessly - why can’t they run after the ball for the whole 90 minutes?

They should give them a ball each, then they wouldn’t have to fight over it. :wink:

Or no ball at all as some seem to run around clueless, and then they would not be able to keep passing it back in there own half .That seems to be most of the game at the moment. Boring. And I am not a Chelsea fan but thank the Gods they beat that German team. :laughing:

Rikki-UK:

Football is a method of social engineering that people knowingly and happily pay for.

Social engineering? Its a business - out to make money ( if they can) like almost everything in our world its about making money for those involved and taking money from the punters - from fairground rides, a loaf of bread, a newspaper,your local pub, mortgage, kids nursery, and even some charities ( have you read what some bosses of major charities make in wages)

Sure it’s a business, but I always feel that governments are particularly keen on it because it keeps people from thinking/discussing/acting upon issues that actually matter. An opium for the people, if you will.

Harry Monk:
Where is the “Yes, but I knew this all along” option?

When my Dad used to watch Charlton Athletic play in the 1930’s, the players used to go home on the same tram as the supporters.

Feel this thread should be in the Bar?

You’re right, I missed that one. Yes, I agree it should be in the bar. :blush: :blush:

ive supported my team since i was basically born,family are rovers through and through,apart from cousins hubby whos city :imp: :imp: :unamused: ,players come and go so in a way im not bothered about them as club will still always be there,never had any real success ,but seeing 40,000 gas at the millenium stadium was special,dont know how many times ive watched it,2-0 down,came back to 2-2, but just lost out in the end to donny,
often put the dvd on full blast,good night irene blasting out,g.f goes spare,love my football,love my club,cant see anything changing that