£126 per day

The award winning EPL require

HGV CLASS ONE DRIVERS

For on going contracts in Skem, Lpool & St Helens

Days, Nights, W/ends available earn up to:

Days: £126.87 per day (PAYE) £174.30 (Self Employed/Nova)
Nights £149.56 per night (PAYE) £181.25 (Self Employed/Nova)
Sat: £149.62 (PAYE) £183.63 (Self Employed/Nova)
Sun: £206.50 (PAYE) £244.85 (Self Employed/Nova)

Immediate Starts

Call Leah or Brad on 01695 455800

At least they just managed to squeeze in the “up to” bit. :confused: This sort of ad isn’t that unusual, I’ll just say - beware.

would those rates be considered good for agency?

paul b:

for Liverpool area Paul, yeah. Best connection where paying £7 ph days earlier in the year. They seem to have gone up in general lately and there seems to be a bit more work about.
You’re right about the “up to” Steve, i noticed that last minute.

paul b:

The day s/e rate is good and is more than what I would charge myself if I did days :open_mouth: . Those figures will be based on a 15hr shift, I can guarantee it.

The other rates are okay but not startling.

'Thing you’ve got to watch with Best Connection is they alter the rates to suit their own agenda and I’ve been hearing recently that the local one round these parts is losing a lot of drivers.

One driver was recently put in Warburtons and was paid £12/hr all the way through. They said it would be “around” an 8hr shift, so he thought he’d be laughing at the end of it. He ended up doing 14.5hrs.

Next time he went in he was on £10/hr and time 1.5 after 8hrs, with the promise of a long shift. He was on his way home after 8hrs…

Go figure… :bulb:

These are some of the tricks that agencies play that the unexperienced drivers (agency wise) don’t cotton on to. Not wishing to blow ones own trumpet but with doing agency work for the past 11 years I think I’ve probably seen just about every con going.

Another favourite the agencies regularly try on is to phone you up offering you work but say that this particular job only pays x amount (a quid or two less than your usual rate). They also add that it’s really quiet at the moment and that’s the only work available. The inexperienced and the unwise will of course accept the work, because it’s better than nowt after all, right? What you don’t realise is that once you accept the lower rate you’ll ALWAYS end up doing that work for that rate, because it’s money in their pocket. What you SHOULD be doing is turning down the work, point blank refusing to work for that [reduced] amount and say you’ll take the night off instead. I’ll guarantee you 9 times out of 10 the phone will be ringing again shortly after with the agency on the other end telling you how they’ve managed to talk the client into paying a higher rate and can you do the job? :bulb:

Now that’s just a load of boIIox as the client will be paying the same amount they’ve been paying since day 1 and it’s the agency that’s reduced THEIR cut because they realise that while they can’t make £4/hr on you, £2/hr is better than £0/hr. :bulb: :bulb:

You’ve got to play them at their own game otherwise you WILL end up with burnt fingers and several ££ missing from your bank account.

rob k what your saying is spot on oops im agreeing with the infamous rob k bloody hell.only been driving a few yrs myself but yes i did fall into the trap that agencies pull not much work about etc etc so like a fool i did the job that was offered till i got talking to another driver from the same agency found out what he was on phoned the agency i said im taking all this week off soon got paid what was due.

Rob K:

paul b:

The day s/e rate is good and is more than what I would charge myself if I did days :open_mouth: . Those figures will be based on a 15hr shift, I can guarantee it.

'Thing you’ve got to watch with Best Connection is they alter the rates to suit their own agenda and I’ve been hearing recently that the local one round these parts is losing a lot of drivers.

One driver was recently put in Warburtons and was paid £12/hr all the way through. They said it would be “around” an 8hr shift, so he thought he’d be laughing at the end of it. He ended up doing 14.5hrs.

Next time he went in he was on £10/hr and time 1.5 after 8hrs, with the promise of a long shift. He was on his way home after 8hrs…

These are some of the tricks that agencies play that the unexperienced drivers (agency wise) don’t cotton on to. Not wishing to blow ones own trumpet but with doing agency work for the past 11 years I think I’ve probably seen just about every con going.

Another favourite the agencies regularly try on is to phone you up offering you work but say that this particular job only pays x amount (a quid or two less than your usual rate). They also add that it’s really quiet at the moment and that’s the only work available. The inexperienced and the unwise will of course accept the work, because it’s better than nowt after all, right? What you don’t realise is that once you accept the lower rate you’ll ALWAYS end up doing that work for that rate, because it’s money in their pocket. What you SHOULD be doing is turning down the work, point blank refusing to work for that [reduced] amount and say you’ll take the night off instead. I’ll guarantee you 9 times out of 10 the phone will be ringing again shortly after with the agency on the other end telling you how they’ve managed to talk the client into paying a higher rate and can you do the job? :bulb:

Now that’s just a load of boIIox as the client will be paying the same amount they’ve been paying since day 1 and it’s the agency that’s reduced THEIR cut because they realise that while they can’t make £4/hr on you, £2/hr is better than £0/hr. :bulb: :bulb:

You’ve got to play them at their own game otherwise you WILL end up with burnt fingers and several ££ missing from your bank account.

£4 an hour?? Ohhhh I wish!!
and whatever the gross is, it equates to an awful lot less once I factor in the NI costs and Holiday pay.

Those EPL figures look a bit wrong to me though - the s/e rates for days is much too much more than the PAYE rate, and out of line with the uplift on the other shifts.

Ultimately whatever the deal is has to make it worthwhile for all parties - we just placed a guy on temp to perm. But to make it work for all of us we reduced our rates and agreed a small reduction in the overtime rate on the job. The net result is that we make less per shift, but we have a block booked driver with no admin other than payroll for the next x weeks. The driver has a fultime job when the temp to perm expires. The client has the driver he wanted at an acceptable cost. All achieved with total transparency and agreement.

Rob K:

paul b:

Got to say it…It all sounds very familiar…I know there are the odd good agency out there but ROBK is quite right they do play one driver against another…NEVER BE afraid to say no thank you…I worked on a job for an agency where the existing guys were working for 8.50 per hour nights and Sunday was one of those …nights I did not twig this untill I got talking to the other drivers one night…One of them actually said he had done a deal with them so that if work went quiet…he would be kept in…Never happened to my knowledge. :unamused: :unamused:

I was on £20 per hour Sundays and £10.00 flat rate …£15…after 8. Now I would normally feel bad for them…but they had actually agreed the deal with the agy :unamused: :unamused: …What you bothered about then I hear you say…Well the agy had told the other drivers I was on the same…THEY WISH :unamused: :unamused:

Mi Grandad used to say “a man that will work for nothin will never be out of work” :wink: :wink:

Fred:
[quote="thecoder0Got to say it…It all sounds very familiar…I know there are the odd good agency out there but ROBK is quite right they do play one driver against another…NEVER BE afraid to say no thank you…I worked on a job for an agency where the existing guys were working for 8.50 per hour nights and Sunday was one of those …nights I did not twig this untill I got talking to the other drivers one night…One of them actually said he had done a deal with them so that if work went quiet…he would be kept in…Never happened to my knowledge.

I was on £20 per hour Sundays and £10.00 flat rate …£15…after 8. Now I would normally feel bad for them…but they had actually agreed the deal with the agy…What you bothered about then I hear you say…Well the agy had told the other drivers I was on the same…THEY WISH :unamused: :unamused:

One thing we’ve never done, which it seems that your agency did Coder, that’s charge a premium rate and pay standard money.
We have occasionally paid a driver over the odds for a shift to keep a client happy - but drivers who hold us to ransom every time find the phone goes quiet.
Funny thing is - we’ve turned work away every day for weeks now, and yet i still get drivers coming in saying that they are on with our competitors but not getting any work…
[/quote]

Fair play Fred I did say there are good ones out there and I presume you are mate. :wink: :wink: I could have gone further with the story composite companies etc etc but wont.

You will still get drivers fishing about even this time of year…unfortunately we are always lookin for some thing better.

Just for info I have taken a week off this week …But have choice of 4 jobs for next week already …so it must be busy :unamused:

DAFMAD:
I’ll just say - beware.

I agree.