Agency again

Just seen this ad on jobcentre website

HGV CLASS 1 DRIVER - EARN £400-£800 PER WEEK

Job description

Employ Recruitment are looking for Class One Drivers to work for our well established lead vend client in Burton-on-Trent.

The shift rate is guaranteed, Mon-Fri £90 pound per shift, Sat £110 pound per shift and Sun £130 pound per shift. IF SEC OR LTD, £10 UPLIFT ON CONTRACT RATES.

You will be able to work 5/6 days a week. SHIFTS GUARANTEED

FULL TIME CONTRACT ON OFFER FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE THAT WILL WORK FLEXIBLE ACROSS VARIOUS LOCATIONS.

How do they get away with saying £800 per week, if you work sat and sun it’s only £600 for a 6 day week.

mac12:
Just seen this ad on jobcentre website

HGV CLASS 1 DRIVER - EARN £400-£800 PER WEEK

Job description

Employ Recruitment are looking for Class One Drivers to work for our well established lead vend client in Burton-on-Trent.

The shift rate is guaranteed, Mon-Fri £90 pound per shift, Sat £110 pound per shift and Sun £130 pound per shift. IF SEC OR LTD, £10 UPLIFT ON CONTRACT RATES.

You will be able to work 5/6 days a week. SHIFTS GUARANTEED

FULL TIME CONTRACT ON OFFER FOR THE RIGHT CANDIDATE THAT WILL WORK FLEXIBLE ACROSS VARIOUS LOCATIONS.

How do they get away with saying £800 per week, if you work sat and sun it’s only £600 for a 6 day week.

It will include the self employed/ltd co extra £10 a shift, it will also probably include any night out money you could/would get.

Some prick was telling me on Friday,that on a £8.50 an hr contract and £20 N.OA, his drivers were TAKING HOME over £700 a week.

I would not take much notice of Advertising from agencies i.e. them promoting pay. They all claim to be able to make you rich!!! However agencies pay better than working for an employer (just my thoughts) just moved up to Bingley (W.Yorks)) Sparks transport (Glastonbury) sent me a letter before I moved. tramping they were paying £7 per hour first 10 hours, a day off hol would be £75 and night out £20.

miketaurus:
I would not take much notice of Advertising from agencies i.e. them promoting pay. They all claim to be able to make you rich!!! However agencies pay better than working for an employer (just my thoughts) just moved up to Bingley (W.Yorks)) Sparks transport (Glastonbury) sent me a letter before I moved. tramping they were paying £7 per hour first 10 hours, a day off hol would be £75 and night out £20.

Please tell me you’re joking!
I’d better not say what my firm pays.

True about Sparks…still got the letter here somewhere. If you want to know what they were offering ill dig it out and tell you the full details

iankav:
Some prick was telling me on Friday,that on a £8.50 an hr contract and £20 N.OA, his drivers were TAKING HOME over £700 a week.

It’s hard enough to be paid for being on duty these days, without suggesting we’re going to get paid for all those legally required “off-duty” hours as well. :open_mouth:

If your maximum weekly hours at work is 60, and the pay rate is say, £10ph, then it’s going to be £600pw. You’d have to be on double bubble saturday & sunday with your working week say, thursday to monday to get £700 takehome out of it - and even then, you could not do these hours week in, week out because it would breach the “average 48 hours over 17/26 week reference period” rule.

56 hours driving means being limited to 34 hours the week before AND after…