70 year old woman run over by Hgv in Rainhill Merseyside

google.co.uk/amp/www.liverpo … 354402.amp

Woman was dragged under tipper wagon and was caught up in the wheels and axles for approximately 5 miles before truck was stopped at Haydock.

that is to horiffic to imagine .

I was caught in the aftermath of the incident trying to get to Haydock Commercials.
A very sad and horrible thing to happen.
One of the lads saw the police examining the vehicles axles.
Thoughts with the ladies family :cry:

That’s grim. Feel sorry for her family. Feel sorry for the driver too, that’ll be hard to live with.

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk

5 miles :frowning: , that doesn’t bear thinking about.

albion:
5 miles :frowning: , that doesn’t bear thinking about.

Would like more details, first question in these circumstances is ‘could it happen to me?’

Tipper driver’s fault

SuperMultiBlue:
Tipper driver’s fault

Has that been confirmed or is that just you playing judge & Jury?

xichrisxi:

SuperMultiBlue:
Tipper driver’s fault

What a stupid statement, just what the poor woman’s family and the driver need to hear that some goon on the Internet has decided the outcome of the incident.
If you cannot verify the statement, do all concerned a favour, turn the brain cell off and let the professionals decide where the blame lies.

Drift:

xichrisxi:

SuperMultiBlue:
Tipper driver’s fault

What a stupid statement, just what the poor woman’s family and the driver need to hear that some goon on the Internet has decided the outcome of the incident.
If you cannot verify the statement, do all concerned a favour, turn the brain cell off and let the professionals decide where the blame lies.

Behave.

I’l come back when the ‘professionals’ confirm and you can fall to your knees and kiss my feet x

Chill Johnny Boy:
East Lancs Road closure after horror crash - updates - Liverpool Echo

Woman was dragged under tipper wagon and was caught up in the wheels and axles for approximately 5 miles before truck was stopped at Haydock.

It doesn’t actually say that though does it?
Are you exaggerating the story to somehow make it more dramatic or have you not read it yourself because you just couldn’t wait to share it with everybody.

What is known is that the woman was struck and killed outside the shop and the vehicle was stopped a couple of miles away. No mention of being dragged at all let alone for 5 ■■■■■■ miles!!

Rentadent:

Chill Johnny Boy:
East Lancs Road closure after horror crash - updates - Liverpool Echo

It doesn’t actually say that though does it?
Are you exaggerating the story to somehow make it more dramatic or have you not read it yourself because you just couldn’t wait to share it with everybody.

What is known is that the woman was struck and killed outside the shop and the vehicle was stopped a couple of miles away. No mention of being dragged at all let alone for 5 [zb] miles!!

From what I read on social media, he is correct…the rest of the story/comments doesn’t need publishing, which is probably why the Police were ‘examining the back axle’.

There was quite a lot of witnesses as she was struck outside the Coop store in Rainhill high street. She was still underneath the truck when it was stopped. Body parts were found along its route, worse nightmare for any victim and driver. If a cyclists was involved it would be all over national news and social media.

it was in rainford village not rainhill she was dragged down the bypass onto east lancs at windle island then upto haydock ind est

Sorry I did mean Rainford and not Rainhill, predictive text does my head in !!!

A similar thing happened down the road from me last year although she was only dragged a few meters she still lost both legs ,

Nasty business for not only the injured but also the drivers involved !

cotswoldjournal.co.uk/news/1 … rry_crash/