7.5T Questions?

Hi all, new to the forum. I have a few questions about 7.5T entitlement, unfortunately i fall out of the 1997 boundary by one year so i have to do a test. Has anyone done this test as i am having a little difficulty finding any info. Also if anyone has completed it what on average is the cost of doing this test. Cheers, thanks in advance

Er, to be honest, no I havn’t, but welcome to TrucknetUK smallfry. Someone may be able to point you in the right direction :wink:.

Welcome Smallfry,
I am sure you will find it interesting.

Cannot answer your query, not familiar with the 1997 dealine, but trust me! someone here WILL!

Happy posting

cheers guys, very comforting!!!

Welcome to Trucknet UK smallfry :smiley: . How old are you
because you can do class 2 if you are 21 years old
and over. If you are under 21 then you have to do
C1 which is 7.5 Tons and minimum age of 18.

I passed after 1997 as well and have since got Cat C, last year.

C1 training is what you want. I don’t think many of the driving schools offer it. One that advertise on here do, the ‘Wallace School of Transport’ and their training vehicle appears to be an Iveco Daily that’s plated at over 3,500kg. So it’s all a bit of a joke if the minimum test vehicle is a transit van on steriods.

Personally I think it’d probably be worth taking a Cat C (Class 2) straight away for little or no more cost by the time you’ve mucked about finding training, etc. It’s a much bigger string to your bow in the job market, considering the amount of people who still have the ‘grandfather rights’ on C1.

convoy:
Welcome to Trucknet UK smallfry :smiley: . How old are you
because you can do class 2 if you are 21 years old
and over. If you are under 21 then you have to do
C1 which is 7.5 Tons and minimum age of 18.

Oooops! I forgot about the age limit difference, you must have been writing your post at the same time as me convoy.

Must have Andyroo :smiley: . If smallfry is under 21 and over
18 he could check out some lgv training companies
as they sometimes do 7.5 ton to class 1 as the one
I trained with have one and a few more in the south
yorkshire area.

I have just been looking on the internet and to drive
C1(7.5 tons) you have to be 18 have a medical and
do a theory test. I was wondering if you do the theory
test would you have to do it again for class 2 or do you
think its the same as when you do the theory test for class 2
you don’t need to do it again for class 1 as you have done it
once and the 2 year expiry limit don’t apply :question: .

I would have thought that you wouldn’t have to do it again surely, be taking the ■■■■ if you did.

Welcome to Trucknet, Smallfry.

Cost-wise, I am sure my class C instructor mentioned that the charge for the course to do C1 was about £350. The cost of class C was £600, so obviously if you are 21 or over it could be worthwhile to try and get the extra cash and go for C.

Al.

… and if you passed your car test in 1998, then you must be at least 22 by now !!

Al.

convoy:
Must have Andyroo :smiley: . If smallfry is under 21 and over
18 he could check out some lgv training companies
as they sometimes do 7.5 ton to class 1 as the one
I trained with have one and a few more in the south
yorkshire area.

Just read through the thread again. He did say he missed out on the C1 by one year, I just checked my Cat B date and that was March 1999 when I was 18 and I’m now 24 so I guess smallfry must be over 21.

Sorry if your ears are burning smallfry. :slight_smile:

Hahaha…everytime i post something on this thread somebody else has put the same thing while I was still typing.