any information please

hello my name is rob and i am trying to find some information out .i passed my car test in oct 97 so did not get the c1 [7.5 ton] entitlement but i passed my manual psv [D] test 2 years ago and i have still not got c1 on my licence i was just wondering if anybody has any ideas ie do i need to pass another test

Yep you need to take a an LGV theory and a C1 test to get it added.

thought so :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: i just thought i would ask as it just seems a bit daft :imp: to have to take a test to drive a 7.5 tonner when i can drive a tri axle coach weighing 20 tons and is 14 meters long :astonished: cheers anyway mate for the advice

It’s not really worth doing C1 either as you can do the Cat C straight away anyway as you’re obviously over 21.

bigbob:
thought so :frowning: :frowning: :frowning: i just thought i would ask as it just seems a bit daft :imp: to have to take a test to drive a 7.5 tonner when i can drive a tri axle coach weighing 20 tons and is 14 meters long :astonished: cheers anyway mate for the advice

I couldn’t agree more bigbob, it’s about the same as an LGV C+E driver asking why they can’t drive any proper size coach on the basis that they can drive a bendy 44 tonner. It might just be something to do with extra fees for extra tests though… :imp:

think you may have hit the nail on the head there mate …its all to do with money as usual…more tests more fees :imp: