Hi

Hello,

I’ve just found this forum in the past week and have enjoyed reading it very much! i am 18 years old and from North Yorkshire. I passed my Cat C1 back in November and have since found out about the Young Drivers scheme which i am about to start so that i can get my Cat C in the next few months :laughing: Any advice on wagon driving in general would be most welcome!

Welcome jedimaster! :slight_smile:

Well done on your pass, I wish I had of know about the YDS a few years back. :confused:

I only passed cat C a few weeks back, and since then Ive driven both 7.5t & 18 tonners a few times. Doing your C1 has probably given you an advantage in preparing you for your class 2 training. I never had a problem with the width of the 18 tonner I learnt on, was just the lenght of it. Best advice I got on here was probably the simplest (sorry I cant remember who said it :blush: ) Think Truck! :stuck_out_tongue:

I know it sounds stupid but it helped me quite a bit during my training & on my test. Before you do anything, turn, change lane, etc. say it in your head. :wink:

Other than that its just the obvious, and probably what you got inyour 7.5t training…Keep checking those mirrors, take it slow & keep cool. :sunglasses:

Good luck!

Welcome jedimaster :slight_smile:

Good luck with your training

Welcome the TN and congrats on passing your CAT C - I am based in N Yorks so PM me if you need any help or advice.

Pete

Congratulations on your pass jedimaster and welcome to Trucknet! :laughing: :wink: :sunglasses: I’m glad you are enjoying the site and feel free to ask any questions. :wink: :smiley: :grimacing:

Hello jedimaster welcome to TruckNet UK :smiley: .
Congratulations on passing the category C1
and good luck with the Young Drivers scheme.

Welcome to Trucknet Jedimaster, have fun. :laughing: :laughing:

Hi Jedimaster, welcome to Trucknet :smiley:

May the force be with you. :sunglasses:

Hi Jedimaster,congratulations on passing your C1,you’re in the right place if you want to ask any advice.
regards derek