60 mph speed limit

If you are traveling on a motorwayl in a truck with a speed limiter set at 56MPH (90km) can you get done for traveling at 60MPH on a long (or short) down hill streach?

No, the speed limit on a motorway is 60mph and you are driving legally up to that speed.

Your company may have “policy” regarding overspeeds, but you are not breaking the law if you coast downhill at 60mph.

Thanks, My son asked me and I wasn’t sure having a speed limiter. My old 141 Scania can run at 60 all day when it’s finished then.

One of the most asked questions on here.

Provided the speed limiter is not defective you commit no offence by doing 60 on a motorway with a national speed limit in place.

The speed limiter regulations say the limiter must prevent the truck being POWERED beyond the limited speed.

The Heavy Mob:
Thanks, My son asked me and I wasn’t sure having a speed limiter. My old 141 Scania can run at 60 all day when it’s finished then.

Oh yes, if you have a pre-limiter truck you can drive at 60mph on the motorway all day quite legally.

All day? Ha! For about 30 seconds till you come up behind another lorry. Then again, then again, then again…