Does your truck do 60mph?

Having a drive up the M6 near carlisle with my fridge this morning heading for scotland sitting on my limiter which the tachograph said 90kph but one or two artics passed me on there merry way at a higher speed than me it just got me wondering is their anybody on this site that is actually lucky enough to run an artic day to day that will actually do 60mph on a motorway before the limiter kicks in. i dont mean with driver intervention - i mean if you were pulled by the old ministry they wouldnt say anything about the limiter because is was legal, ive had mine checked at the road side before.

as at 60mph it must be a breeze on motorways, i can only dream.

thankyou
greg

many do 52mph, but show 56mph. that could be you.
a short time ago mine was doing 57mph, it showed 55mph, but left everyone like they were stood still.

I know the answer to this because i’m studying CPC the limits are +3kph bench test +4 on calibration +6 when driving so technically your end you can do 95kph and still be legal. Source is David lowe complete cpc study manual :smiley:

45/48mph :grimacing: even down hill save fuel,save it save it!!! :grimacing: :grimacing: :grimacing:

yup, even in reverse :wink: :wink: :wink:

Mine shows 56 but my sat-nav shows 54.

My tacho and c.c show 55 but satnav say’s between 57/58 and I trust that as I never got overtaken but I fly passed overyone els (unless uphill!)

i used to work for a firm that had all their trucks at 60/62mph, was great running at that speed i must admit, always was more aware aswell than sat at 56, 1 tme i ran from rugby to liverpool without using the inside lane :grimacing: (well 4 when i was coming off motorways or some 1 overtook me)

No, mine only does 40, HAHAHAHA.

yes thanks

I can’t even get mine into top gear at anything under 60mph :open_mouth:

My tacho VU reads 90kmh yet my Sat Nav reads 54mph/88KMH… So which is right? Id say the SatNav as if I were doing 90kmh I wouldnt be getting passed by the volume of trucks that do go by me… Its rather depressing and boring… Oh and makes the journey longer…

Had some new tyres fitted on the drive t other day,has gained 3 km,hurrah,overtakin is much easier,also have gone 1 size up before to get a bit more,bigger rolling diameter,like taking a bigger stride if you like.

My Rigid does 57/59mph even uphill…sat nav reads at 56/57 :question: :question: :question: :question:

Not alot overtakes me TBF…

propa lorry:
Had some new tyres fitted on the drive t other day,has gained 3 km,hurrah,overtakin is much easier,also have gone 1 size up before to get a bit more,bigger rolling diameter,like taking a bigger stride if you like.

You need to watch that youve been re-calibrated if you have bigger tyres on than what your calibration sticker says as this is an old trick to get more speed and VOSA know it and dont take to kindly to it… Another was to go and get the unit calibrated with BALD tyres then put the new ones back on afterwards.

My truck runs at 54 according to sat nav, this week my truck is away for repair and I have one of the newer drawbars which runs at 56, that 2mph extra seems to make alot of difference on the motorways and overtaking.

Been dropping hints to the boss in the hope that he will get the limiter upped to 56 on mine but I doubt it.

I defected one of our trucks for reading 89kph when my gps said it was doing 84. When the boss asked why I was doing it I said I was peesed off with getting infringements for doing the speed limit. :smiley:

groovy greg:
Having a drive up the M6 near carlisle with my fridge this morning heading for scotland sitting on my limiter which the tachograph said 90kph but one or two artics passed me on there merry way at a higher speed than me it just got me wondering is their anybody on this site that is actually lucky enough to run an artic day to day that will actually do 60mph on a motorway before the limiter kicks in. i dont mean with driver intervention - i mean if you were pulled by the old ministry they wouldnt say anything about the limiter because is was legal, ive had mine checked at the road side before.

as at 60mph it must be a breeze on motorways, i can only dream.

thankyou
greg

Only loaded, downhill, with the limiter overrunning, and the stupid bleeper doing it’s best to loosen the wax in my ears!! In short NO A steady 55 is all my truck will attain. I’d suggest that the ones that passed you were Irish registered?

when i was in the uk the other week i passed everybody on the motorway but thats because my truck was calibrated to 90kph on older tyres but now i’ve got new ones my sat nav says i’m doing 92kph which is nice but not when driving through france and the gendarmes get their radar out :imp:
its a bit confusing in the uk when the speed limit is 60mph (96kph) but most trucks are limited to 56mph (88ish) even though the EU C&U limit is 90kph and then loads of container guys run at 52(83) and then the paid on the hour shopping trolleys all compete to go the slowest about 50 at tops

scottishcruiser:

propa lorry:

You need to watch that youve been re-calibrated if you have bigger tyres on than what your calibration sticker says as this is an old trick to get more speed and VOSA know it and dont take to kindly to it… Another was to go and get the unit calibrated with BALD tyres then put the new ones back on afterwards.

Aye i know this,but am i responsible as a driver as to whether the correct replacement tyres are fitted or correspond to whats on the calibration sticker?i am after all what what is regarded as a fiko lorry driver.In the morning,if they are hard,round all over with tread and wheelnuts look tight thats all i concern meself with to be honest.and its a long term hire lorry with rented tyres under some other contract between the hire people and watlings.