3 jobs in local paper! (any feedback)

Hi all,
anybody worked for these firms any feedback appreciated. money, motors,work,etc.

1. CAREFOOT OF LONGRIDGE.
  2. BARNES & TIPPING OF WHALLEY.
  3. GILBRAITH T.S. OF BLACKBURN.
    All class1 or 2.

cheers all.

all i know is carefoot lads do a reigate to warrington on the sand was talking to a lad the other day said its a good craic thats all i know so not helpful at all really :wink: :laughing:

not worked for any pal but i know gilbrath are owned by hargreaves the green and silver tippers and they don’t pay alot. hope this helps in any way.

gilbraiths are in the palletways network, i think its that one anyway, there 4 wheelers arnt the newest but are clean and well maintained. An agency sent me in there 1 day but they sent me home because there insurance would’nt cover me, that 2 years experience bollox again. Did you see them in the telegraph? Its pretty rubbish for jobs lately i think

and i thought gilbraiths, blackburn were a tank fleet. silly me.

… and carefoots seemingly constantly advertise for drivers.
make of that what you will.

Hi all,
thanks for all the replies, not much known about barnes & tipping haven’t even got a website■■?
I might have a stab at the carefoot one!!!

AFAIK carefoots is long distance artic tipper work.

Barnes &Tipping do some long distance artic tipper work too
seen them at Lackford landfill site near Bury St Edmunds taking the glass away for recycling .

I have seen Barnes & Tipping pulling tauts and tippers. What I dont understand is that they seem to use 6-wheel units for the tauts but only 4-wheelers for the tippers. Not relevant to the original poster’s question but wouldn’t you be well over on the drive pulling a tipper with a 4-wheel unit? Surely the idea with them is to move as much weight as possible I thought?

Olog Hai:
Not relevant to the original poster’s question but wouldn’t you be well over on the drive pulling a tipper with a 4-wheel unit? Surely the idea with them is to move as much weight as possible I thought?

Quite right Olog
We run tippers and tauts
Most of our tractor units are 6 wheelers but the 4 wheelers only pull tauts.

Think i can work out who you’re on for then toowise, ain’t got a big Volvo with an ‘unusual’ plate on it have you? :wink:

I am sure B&T pull tippers with 4-wheel units, just wondering what on earth for. Still, they must know what they are doing.

daf1691 carefoots is 3 to 5 nights out per week long distance bulk work. Had a mate who worked for them a while ago but he wasn’t interested in the night out work, said they were alright though and the tackle looks decent.

carefootplc.com/transAbout.asp
carefootplc.com/newsletters/ … er2007.pdf

thanks for the info Woody, I rang today for app form . see how it goes

no probs mate, good luck with the application