Carefoots, preston..?

Hi all , anyone any info on carefoots preston, got a interview monday morning 10 am sharp… :unamused: … … i no as much as its distance work on the ols tippers and got to have a digi card… but no idea what there like to work for…■■? thanks in advance…

Used to work for them years ago, it was then paid on pence per ton per mile.
So max weight, max hours, min time off .
Pay wasn’t to bad, don’t know what it’s like now but they carry anything that can go in a tipper from coal to animal feed and you get round the country.
They used to do a lot of de-icing rock salt out of Winsford. then you didn’t get paid for empty running but never went to far to reload, transport office was well organised.
It’s tiring work start at stupid oclock run your time out have time off and start all over again. The firsat week or 2 you’ll stop have a wash and go straight to your bed.
Also they will keep you with an experianced driver for a couple of weeks to train you on the tipping and such.
They run 100% legal well they used to, When I was there it was Mon to Fri and Saturdays were optional, thery would ask you occaisonally but didn’t mind if you said no.

It’s a familly run firm that’s been going a long time, they used to have a core of long term drivers and then some who came and went but on the whole a good firm to work for. If something is wrong with vehicle they get it fixed straight away.

Should you be misleading new drivers like that.

The firsat week or 2 you’ll stop have a wash and go straight to your bed.

Its a tipper driver job :stuck_out_tongue:

they are always looking for drivers, so read what you want into that :question: .

i wouldnt read to much into the fact they are often advertising i think it must be a thing with tippers, we have several decent tipper firms round here always advertising, due to the fact lads come and drive do a month then see the grass is always greener on the other side, not everyone likes tippers, me personally i love it, but then i was bought up into a tipping family,

have seen there waggons alot down our way with coal normally from immingham or to corus at scunthorpe.