Gilbraith TS

Hi all

Quick question, does anyone know anything about Gilbraith TS in Blackburn please? Are they good, bad or ugly? Just want a rough idea.

Thanks in advance

Aren’t they now owned by Hargreaves … same as Imperial Tankers / Jones of Aldridge :question:

I know that tipping boards there is dung. The Scottish bloke on the forks has serious issues and needs therapy. I’ve been kept in there for hours for the crime of being 5 minutes late.

Anyone know what they are like to work for?

easy job think they do a hell of a lot of chipboard and pallet work, not many nites out average money i think , mate of mine used to work there in the good old days driving a leyland roadtrain still goes down now and has a chat with em he didnt have a bad word to say about the place , not part of hargreaves as far as im aware think that is barnes and tipping at clitheroe

Thank you

Just wanted to hear from other people to compare it to what we have heard here (of course speak to two people and get two different points of view!), just wanted some more opinions etc to throw into the mix.

What do you mean as average pay? What we have heard is quite attractive compared to what himself is getting at the moment (although we know the company he’s at right now is not known for being generous)

I don’t know anything about present conditions at gilbraiths but just to unload some history on you.This com when I used to regularly use it in the late 90s was owned by fogerty,s [of karl fogarty m/c racing fame] they dealt mainly in paper plts&reels,woodpulp,chipboard,and steel coils.The com I worked for used to load and tip w/pulp and reels.Some of their own tpt ran regularly[2 trips a day]steel coil to stoke with coil trls[remember them ropes and sheets others were involved in w/house dels,collections.It was run by the family and I personally never had probs with the lads in the w/house but some of the office staff[especially the family members]had serious attitude probs with subby drivers.
Sorry to OP just thought ide stick two penneth in.
regards dave.