24v oven

Are 24v compact ovens any good?

I think so if you dont have a microwave. If its situated where you can SAFELY switch it on 25/30 mins before you park up you will have a nice hot meal waiting, if it away from you insert a switch in the power lead on the dash, set the timer before you set off then flick said switch again 25/30 mins before you stop.

edit…forgot to add dont forget to stick the grub in first

I use one all the time,it’s connected to the battery by a heavy duty cable. I turn it on when about 20 mins from stopping so dinner is cooked . Best to keep engine runnuing cos it does use a fair bit of power. It does the tesco ready meals a treat and at the moment you get 3 meals for a fiver :smiley: .

brilliant,i put a shepards pie in at stowmarket,when you get to fxto its ready and a lot more appitising than one thats been nuked.there were 2 types looking from the side one has a square profile and one triangular ,the triangular one if you put in a ready meal you cant always close the door so go for square

how hot do these things get. I was wondering if i could put one in the drivers side cupboard in a scania r series topline

joedwyer1:
…how hot do these things get.

Quite hot, they cook food :smiley:

most foods cook betwean 180/210 degrees.you cant touch mine when its cookin

Thanks for your replies guys,all positive. Have any of you got one with a grill in too?

Mr.Shep:
Thanks for your replies guys,all positive. Have any of you got one with a grill in too?

Yes the grills not brilliant, doesnt really get hot enough, but the oven works a treat. Much better than a nukelowave.

I wouldnt be without mine(had it over 5yrs)if it broke tommorow i’d buy another, like the others say lput it on 30-40min before you stop and you have i piping hot cheap meal cant beat a fray bentos in it.

I also have one of these ovens, is it true they can melt your cigarette lighter plugs and how could you get round this

truckerdan155:
I also have one of these ovens, is it true they can melt your cigarette lighter plugs and how could you get round this

I use one all the time,it’s connected to the battery by a heavy duty cable

truckerdan155:

Use a hella socket and plug